Jacked up my Leo install this morning... Please help.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I was so excited to get these things on that I accidentally used one of the small springs instead of the large one to connect the main pipe and it broke!!!

Anyone know where I can get a replacement fast? If I have to wait for a shipment from Italy I'll be bummed.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
that's going to be tough. Not thinking people would have extras just lying around.

Here's what I would do.
1) contact Leo Vince and order a replacement spring.

2) while you are waiting, high tail it over to an auto parts store and get an assortment of springs. one is bound to fit. I think they are sold in those "Help" kits. I did this when I converted my firebird to a 4 speed and the oem spring wasn't doing the job.

You can use this as a temporary fix while you wait for the LV spring to arrive. because I am sure you are jonesin to complete the install and get out there and test the new sound out.

good luck

fz6Airman

Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly dont remeber. If you cant find it on their website give em a call. They are very helpful.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man. I'm about to head to an auto parts store to see if they have any throttle springs laying around. Maybe a couple of those will work. Since it's Sunday, most things are closed.

If I can't find anything I'll give that place a call tomorrow.

Thanks again!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I totally understand if the excitement got the better of you, Leo Vince exhausts changes everything!

I stopped by Eric's (Erci) house last night and he helped me get the sticker off my tank. Before I left I asked if he could turn his bike on real quick so I could hear the Leo's in person...

First time I ever heard them outside of video, and I damn near couldn't sleep last night because I was so pumped to install them.

Should have checked the spring sizes in the install manual before I boffed it up!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Auto Zone - Nada. Home Depot - Nada. Strauss Auto - Nada.

Then a guy suggested I go to a small hardware store in the middle of the ghetto. That was closed.

So, I bought myself a new beer instead and have accepted the fact I'm out of commission for a few days.

Learned my lesson about paying closer attention to instructions.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

oldschoolsdime92

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a few exhaust springs laying around, I can measure for you and see what i've got. If it will work your more than welcome to them.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a few exhaust springs laying around, I can measure for you and see what i've got. If it will work your more than welcome to them.

Sincere thanks man. I measured the stock Leo one and it is approximately 54mm from hook to hook (before i was measuring just the actual spring), so I ordered a pair of 57mm steel springs from Dennis Kirk with 2nd day shipping.

Should be riding again by Wednesday night!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a Motion Industries within an hour of my house, but I think I'm all set.

The springs I ordered from Dennis Kirk are going to be the closest I can get, and they'll be here Wednesday afternoon. For good measure I think I'll have Leo send me out a spare JUST in case.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Lots of good people on this forum!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You just safety wire it until you get a spring.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
+1! No way I'd let my bike sit with new pipe for 3 days just to get new spring! Wire it and have at it!

I was worried about tightening down all of the top bolts before the spring fully engaged the can. Thought it may leak. Eh, I could just do that, put it back together, disassemble and reassemble with the new spring, but with work I barely have the time anyway.

Sucks to see it sit, but Wednesday night will be glorious!

Thank you for the suggestion.