Its been 20 years!!

A.Thomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all , I am buying a 2008 FZ6 from a dealership in Calgary Alberta in early April . The price on the floor is $5,999.00 Canadian dollars. The MSRP for a 2009 is $9,800.00. This will be my first bike since a 650 Maxim 20 years ago. Any suggestions on which after market goodies I should look into? The bike will be mostly used for short day trips , and the occasional 2 to three day tour. Also do you guys think this bike is a good choice for a returning biker?:canada:

Welcome back !!! :) .. yes it is a great bike.. i take mine everywhere i can.. great for short or long distance. some mods?? i would think you would want a corbin seat (expensive but really worth it if you go any distance), frame sliders, grip puppies, maybe a puig windscreen.. definitly look into gear for yourself.. cant go wrong with great gear.. givi makes nice top cases that are great for day/multiday trips.. i dunno what your looking to really do beyond touring..

Welcome back! :welcome: The Fizzer is a great bike for a returning rider. I was in your shoes 15 months ago and bought an '07 after about a 19 year break in riding. I'm sure you'll love it and get right back in the groove. Oh, its just a little bit quicker than your old Maxim.

:welcome: and congrats on a great deal!

You will not be disappointed!

Frame sliders, Fender Eliminator kit and dual headlight mod to start... :D

Great bike for a returning biker! If you are a little worried about getting in over your head, just keep her under 7K. If you get an oper stretch of road, oper her up...you won't be dissapointed! Also is a good bike for touring, like others have said, look into Givi topcases and side bags. Mods I would reccomend are (in this order):
1. Gear for yourself
2.Frame sliders (gotta protect that investment)
3. Dual headlight mod (gotta see and be seen)
4. From here on mods will be dictated by the main usage of the bike (ie; seat,exhaust, taller windscreen, etc)

Have fun and oh yeah, Welcome to the fizzer family! :thumbup:

Hello and welcome! Believe it or not, I started off on a Maxim and transitioned to a FZ6. They are very similiar bikes with the exception of a chain drive, modern fuel injection, LCD screen, and gob loads more power. I do not think you will be disappointed!

19 years for me when I got my nearly new 2006 last summer. Couldn't have asked for a better bike to make the transistion back with. I have used it to commute, gone on sightseeing trips, taken it to the track and driven it faster that some airplanes I have flown.

Welcome to the forum
View attachment 13895

itll be a blast

but dont see anyone else sayin this so i will just give you a heads up:

your old riding experience will count for VERY LITTLE in the first month or so of you riding again. the fz6 will kick you in the nuts if you give it a chance and arent sharp and alert at all times. be smart out there.

but ya, you are in for a blast....enjoy~

itll be a blast

but dont see anyone else sayin this so i will just give you a heads up:

your old riding experience will count for VERY LITTLE in the first month or so of you riding again. the fz6 will kick you in the nuts if you give it a chance and arent sharp and alert at all times. be smart out there.

but ya, you are in for a blast....enjoy~

Hey thanks for the heads up , I was fairly rational at 20 and more rational now . Just a lot less sharp :noworries:

Great bike for a returning biker! If you are a little worried about getting in over your head, just keep her under 7K. If you get an oper stretch of road, oper her up...you won't be dissapointed! Also is a good bike for touring, like others have said, look into Givi topcases and side bags. Mods I would reccomend are (in this order):
1. Gear for yourself
2.Frame sliders (gotta protect that investment)
3. Dual headlight mod (gotta see and be seen)
4. From here on mods will be dictated by the main usage of the bike (ie; seat,exhaust, taller windscreen, etc)

Have fun and oh yeah, Welcome to the fizzer family! :thumbup:
Thanks for the tip. Frame sliders for sure

Hello and welcome! Believe it or not, I started off on a Maxim and transitioned to a FZ6. They are very similiar bikes with the exception of a chain drive, modern fuel injection, LCD screen, and gob loads more power. I do not think you will be disappointed!

Thanks , yeah if I remember correctly the Maxim had a top speed of 100 mph. The FZ6 I'm sure will be quite a bit quicker than that.

welcome to the site, you will you enjoy the heck out of your bike.

A good seat is a really really nice upgrade. Probably my favorite upgrade is my corbin seat.

Congrats on coming back to motorcycling. Awesome bike too.

By any chance is it the one at blackfoot? If it is, be wary. They are nick named crookfoot for a reason. Need anything send my a pm, I live in Calgary too.

oh ya, if u have arms longer than those of a tyrannasaurus rex upgrade to the handlebars from the FZ1 they are a lot wider. that is the first thing I am doing this upcoming season.

Hey, welcome back to the motocycle community, and a good choice u make considering the fazer6.

hmm..u might wanna get the frame sliders just in case unexpected things happen:)

a big :welcome:, great choice of bike, take it easy to begin with (getting back in the saddle) and when you feel comfortable again you can tap into the FZ6's potential :thumbup:. Take it easy and ride safely

Back