• No

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • IDK, I do all my own maintenance

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Is your parts/maintenance department full of ***holes at the local dealer?

Mine is. I went in for one simple thing today and the guys ignored me, then treated me like a little kid who didn't know anything, then walked around the bike and told me everything I was doing wrong to it.

Um, fellas, it's my bike and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it. But thanks anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sportrider

what were they saying you did wrong? I have found that hanging out at the dealership from time to time and building a working friendship helps get the attention you need when you walk in the door. I am on a first name bases with the guys at my local dealership, that being said I won't let them touch my bike anymore because of the mechanics lack of attentiveness, but the parts guy and the rest of the staff are awesome. I get discounts on everything I purchase there.

D

D-Rock

Is your parts/maintenance department full of ***holes at the local dealer?

Mine is. I went in for one simple thing today and the guys ignored me, then treated me like a little kid who didn't know anything, then walked around the bike and told me everything I was doing wrong to it.

Um, fellas, it's my bike and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it. But thanks anyway.

not where i go. i have known the parts guy for over 10 years. he knows all the years and models and the problems they all have. cool doods here in the eastside of WA. sorry to hear about your service guys.

W

wrightme43

Jason is cool as hell. They moved the parts guy I knew to the other store, but the new one is cool too.
Also the sales manager is smoking hot, cool, and rides.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I normally do all of my own work on the bike, but when I was in a pinch, I took it to Corona Yamaha here in SoCal and they were awesome. Took good care of the bike, fixed it quickly and didn't over-charge me for it.:thumbup:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually go to another country from where I live to get parts for my bike.

I live in Denmark and go over the border to Germany. The service is cheaper, quicker and much friendlier over there.

Steve

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I do my own maintenance I know of 2 great Yamaha dealers in SoCal:
Primary- Lebard & Underwood in La Habra, Mark-Service Manager
Backup- Champion Yamaha in Costa Mesa
Both shops will service your bike correctly everytime.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I know of one place that has NEVER screwed me or tried to feed me a load of B.S. This place, treats me exactly right and caters to my knowledge of the motorcycle and doesn't try to talk down to me as if I'm a child. And, if there is some problem that can't be addressed there will be an effort to find a solution. The labor rates are exceedingly reasonable. The care and pride put into the work is done as if the mechanic is working on ones's own bike. If there's ever an issue or problem with the work performed the mechanic will put this on the front burner and personally attend to it. Where is this shop? Answer: my garage!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
The guy who works on my bike is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL *******.

To top it off, he's always using my tools, drinks all my beer, and smokes my cigarettes.

If I had a girlfriend, he'd be sleeping with her.

Seriously, what a jerk!

Fred

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't help but think of that scene from Spaceballs when you get to your dealership......"I knew it, I'm surrounded by a**holes".:rof: Does your bike do ludicrous speed?:rof: May da schwaurtz be witcha.:D

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
I have managed to build an excellent relationship with the parts manager at the local dealership. For the past two years I’ve bought all my parts at cost +10% an over the counter saving of about 40%. Observing the idiots in the maintenance department, I will certainly not take my bike to the dealership to be worked on.

FZ6-ZN:thumbup:

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
Mechanics are good. Head service guy is good. Fill-in service people are not nearly as good. At 7 months and 9K miles I've begun doing 90% of my own service work. Cheaper, more convenient, and I'm learning.

nskitts

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to agree with some on here about establishing a relationship. You have to remember that most of these guys deal with customers all day in a job that is not very rewarding. Working on your own bike is one thing, working on someone else's bike is another. I have read posts from mechanics and service workers that this is the case so establish that connection, call them by name, find out what they ride...even bring doughnuts one day or something.

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My local Yamaha dealership (Sandhills cycle center) has a kid that works in the parts dept. with the nic name 85. I was having problems getting a part for my bike so I talked with the owner of the shop to see if I could get the problem resolved. The owner asked me who had been helping me and I pointed to 85 (name withheld). He asked if I knew why he had the name 75, I of course said no. He told me that the name was given to him by his co-workers because he only does about 85% of any job given to him.