is this normal?

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
now i often find myself riding down curbs (if i park on the sidewalk), and going up inclines/speed bumps attempting to get a little air. before you all say "get a supermoto", i just love the fizzer so much i don't wanna get another bike lol. yes, i would love a ktm or a r6 but the fizzer is just so easy to maintain and easy to ride, i don't wanna give it up.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...I don't hop curbs or rip it up over speed bumps, but there is this one hill on the way home from work. If I roll on the throttle coming up it I'll gain some air as I cross the crest. Nothing much...but you can feel it and hear the R's pick up and sing for a split second. I love it :) It's all fun and games until some furred woodland creature awaits me on the other side :p

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My answer to your question is. What is normal? I guess as long as no one gets hurt and it bakes your cookies go for it. :cheer: :rockon:

Doc

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont do it, it can ruin your tyres.

:don'tknow: I'd have to disagree. The tires are your first part of your suspension. Have you seen what the Isle of Man TT guys do to tires? ;)

Go for it... Just go about it safely and with regard to those around you. Have fun and video the one "good" one you might find! :D

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I've never jumped a curb or tried to lift off a speed bump. However there is this one cattle guard on some road that has a little "jump" just before it, that when hit at the correct speed will get the whole bike off the ground.:rockon:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
There is an incline, then drastic level off on the entrance to my subdivision. I haven't gotten airborne yet, but not for lack of trying! :spank: (I am still a new rider, so not ready to push it too far yet)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I jump evrything I think I can get air from......my brother has a very nice incline on his drainage ditch in his front yard.....have'nt broken anything... :rockon: :D

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't you highside if you came down slightly offcenter? Had my worst ever mtn bike crash doing a little bunny hop and coming down not quite aligned with my direction.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't you highside if you came down slightly offcenter? Had my worst ever mtn bike crash doing a little bunny hop and coming down not quite aligned with my direction.

You would have to going quite a bit quicker than that to highside!

:thumbup: