Is this how kids ride pillion in NJ?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The mother should be in jail too for that, but then who'd watch the kiddo... crazy Uncle Jim?

I feel badly for this kid because he's clearly going to be raised in a household that doesn't teach him good decision making skills.:spank:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The mother should be in jail too for that, but then who'd watch the kiddo... crazy Uncle Jim?

I feel badly for this kid because he's clearly going to be raised in a household that doesn't teach him good decision making skills.:spank:

I agree. The adults should be tested for drugs and also lead because they may have eaten a lot of paint chips! :rolleyes:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently they had some sort of headgear on, as the article said "Albanese was detained on the outstanding warrants and also charged with several motor-vehicle violations, including failure to wear state-approved helmets"

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently they had some sort of headgear on, as the article said "Albanese was detained on the outstanding warrants and also charged with several motor-vehicle violations, including failure to wear state-approved helmets"

The Eatontown,NJ police department finally released a picture of the guy with his non-approved helmet.

FH79HV3HMVJDRER.RECTANGLE1.jpg

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Gulp!! that was my father circa 1968. His bike was always legal and running well and he was actually in law school back then.
I was maybe 3 years old and his greatest fear was having me fall off. The helmet I wore was the right size and as I remember NY had just imposed the helmet law. He roped our torso's together and took me out on rides. :D
These are some of my fondest childhood memories with my father.

Agree this is a moron thing to do and I can maybe let my old man slide by reminding this was the 1960's and people did all kinds of stupid s h ! t back then.

but I didn't grow up to be an irresponsible decision maker in any way.

There should be no excusing this behavior though in the year 2014.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember having a discussion (possibly on this forum, not sure) where the guy talked about how his passenger would occasionally fall asleep and he had no concerns about it. Can't speak for others, but that would scare the crap out of me for fear of them at least leaning the wrong way in a turn, if not falling off althogether. To each his own, I reckon....

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember having a discussion (possibly on this forum, not sure) where the guy talked about how his passenger would occasionally fall asleep and he had no concerns about it. Can't speak for others, but that would scare the crap out of me for fear of them at least leaning the wrong way in a turn, if not falling off althogether. To each his own, I reckon....

I remember that too, it may have been someone posting on my thread about picking my son up from day camp. He kept nodding off and bumping into my back. I didn't know what he was doing until we got home and I asked him about it. I explained to him (graphically) what could happen if he fell asleep on the bike. He cried and told me he was sorry and that he will tell me if he feels tired ahead of time. I've also reduced the length of the ride and included more breaks. He responded well to it and enjoys the rides more now.