Is there a difference?

IceBerge12

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a small tumble on my road trip last summer on a logging road, nothing to serious, bruises, bruised ego and some scratches on the cowling and crankcase cover on the left side.

Was wondering however, when I look at yamahapartsplus.com to get the scratched parts replaced, it has two 2007 FZ6 listed. One is described as FZS6W and the other FZS6WC, I dont know if there's any real difference in the parts I need but was hoping someone would have some insight so I can assure on ordering the correct part.

Thanks!

- Erik

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe the C is the California bike. Emissions requirements and such. One of these Cali guys may know if I'm wrong.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a small tumble on my road trip last summer on a logging road, nothing to serious, bruises, bruised ego and some scratches on the cowling and crankcase cover on the left side.

Was wondering however, when I look at yamahapartsplus.com to get the scratched parts replaced, it has two 2007 FZ6 listed. One is described as FZS6W and the other FZS6WC, I dont know if there's any real difference in the parts I need but was hoping someone would have some insight so I can assure on ordering the correct part.

Thanks!

- Erik

Not sure if there is a difference in parts, but I am pretty sure you want the FZS6W. That is what I always use when I get parts for my '08 and it has always been spot on.

Might want to check out onlinecyclepart.com. I find that they have the best prices and the lowest shipping.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
C is for California, because all other 49 states have the same bike whereas California has extra emissions equipment(mainly a carbon canister/evaporator for fuel fumes) and for some reason the fuel tank has less capacity. Stupid commie hippies.
Other than that, all of the parts(minus fuel/ECU/emissions parts) are the same.