is it possible to get 117bhp from an fz6?

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
i might have this wrong, but wouldn't more hp make the bike faster? do you need to go faster? i'm wondering if you might not do better to just change out sprockets. no increase in hp but you will get off the line faster and get to the usable power band faster. just a thought.

+1

This sounds like a much more achievable way to go about it. I have no personal experience, but a friend of mine (and tons of ppl on the forum) changed gears to something like -1 front and +1 rear to be able to cruise closer to the powerband. Will do this mod if I ever find myself thinking "hm, slow my fizzer seems". My buddys fireblade rocks so bad after doing this mod (+ powercommander + dyno) :rockon: That thing takes off like a missile :D and by the sound of it, so would your fizzer :thumbup:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I don't know you personally, so I dont know why you weigh in at 108kgs,
and im not trying to say something offensive, but is it possible for you to lose some weight??
I don't know how tall you are, but if you lose 20kgs (I'm 1.85 meters myself and weigh +/- 80kgs), it will also accelerate faster.
And as said before, get a sprocket change, it's torque you want from what I'm reading, not a high top speed.

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
yes torque is what im after not high speed, i never really go over 95mph.

losing weight isnt really and option, i sort of way this way due to a lot of eating gym work and rugby training. oh and 6'4"

but you hit the nail on the head its torque im after. just a little bit more.

Last edited:

mduhon

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any specific advice that is any different than what has already been said on here. But many people at the beginning said it is hard to break 100 hp. But the original question was about bhp not hp. So for all of you that don't know what that is:

"Brake horsepower (bhp) is the measure of an engine's horsepower before the loss in power caused by the gearbox, alternator, differential, water pump, and other auxiliary components such as power steering pump, muffled exhaust system, etc. Brake refers to a device which was used to load an engine and hold it at a desired RPM."

Just wanted to share this bit of information to clarify. Good luck with the upgrades

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
every year.. about this time.. someone wants more hp.. then everyone else follows suit.. easiest way is to add a power commander and then dyno tune it.. next hardest is to add a small shot of nitrous (or NOS for you cage heads).. next hardest would be to fit an r6 motor into the frame which is harder than you think.. next is the famous r6 cams which is even harder than replacing the whole engine.. and at the end of the day, it would be far cheaper to just sell the 6 and buy an fz1..

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, really can't see how buying a new bike can be cheaper at all? As if you have read thread thread you will know that will not be selling this bike. Thus I would like and extra 10-18% extra at the crank figure. I really can't see how this is not easily achievable on a 600, as I even managed 47bhp on my tzr125rr with a bit of help from stan stephens and I'm off to find the dyno sheet.

I will report back after my power commander v arrives next Saturday. What are peoples views on the PC autotune?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, really can't see how buying a new bike can be cheaper at all? As if you have read thread thread you will know that will not be selling this bike. Thus I would like and extra 10-18% extra at the crank figure. I really can't see how this is not easily achievable on a 600, as I even managed 47bhp on my tzr125rr with a bit of help from stan stephens and I'm off to find the dyno sheet.

I will report back after my power commander v arrives next Saturday. What are peoples views on the PC autotune?

The auto tune may give you a good A:F ratio but I would use the money for a reputable tuner and dyno. Again if someone is looking for more grunt the sprockets might be the way to go.

I had the PClll with a good dyno and was never sorry when I was out playing hard for hours. The FZ6 surprised a lot of riders on supersports and liter bikes.

I think it really comes down to what kind of riding you'll be doing.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
yes please post a link.

as ive said due to the milage i would be lucky to get £900 for the bike and theres no chance i would sell it for that. So im going to be keeping this one.

I'm feeling it 'bro!!! Good luck with this project. I am anxious to back up and read the many replies you are getting here.
(IMO: With them getting nearly 1000 HP from the 2.65 L CART Series engines and several 1000 HP from V8 engines on the rails, what you are looking for is very realistic) Let us know how it goes please.

Last edited: