is Fz6 the right bike for me?

tcezi

Reaction score
Visit site
hi,
so first of all i'd like to explain my situation, im a uni student in the uk and i'll want to be using the bike for trips into town but also round trips home about an hour and a half every other weekend..

my first bike was a kawasaki er6n. lovely first bike and it was restricted to 33bhp as i was only 18 at the time which i had to sell last year to afford university however after being bike-less a year i can't go without any longer. and feel like a need a bike again so I've saved up 2500 to put into another bike. my dad used to have a fz6 s2 which i used to love going on and i feel its the right bike for me. but being only 20 and only having 2 years experience, in which i had a crash not due to my own fault but i tore up my knee as i only had jeans on (the one thing i was missing in safety gear and won't happen again)

i would love a bike like a FZ6 or a cbf or sv650 I'm not keen on having a naked bike again but i want some one else's opinion will i be able to feel comfortable on a bike like this already? (knowing that i want the 78 horse power version) and is a 4 cylinder right for me? as a lot the the riding will be done in just in and out of town for classes and work

many thanks for any replays and help :)

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is my second bike, first was an ancient XJ700 I rode for 5 months before getting hit at a stop and smashing it up.

Neither of them have scared me, and the XJ was no slouch for a 25 year old bike that looked like a cruiser.

Keep your right wrist in check, and all is good. It's not a bottomless pit of power, it goes as fast and hard as you tell it to. Don't just crank it WFO in 1st or above 7k, and I don't know how it could get away from you.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Fz will be a step up from the er.

It's my first street bike(7 yrs of dirt) tho, and I've had her for a little over 2 years now. I love it and as bad as I want a bigger cc bike I cant find any reason to sell her, she does everything I could want a bike to do.

Just make sure it's the FASTER blue version:BLAA:

tcezi

Reaction score
Visit site
Just check your versions. Im pretty sure the UK FZ6 S2 is the 97hp version not 78hp...

im not having his bike old 97hp bike off him as he not longer has it or rides it was to get myself a 78hp bike and i just wanted a little advice wether it would be too much for me to handle. but thanks anyway.
and i think I'm going to go for a Fazer.
fb40dash5 your right its not just about the power i just need to not thrash it, and be even more careful of other drivers than the last time.
many thanks guys!

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
im not having his bike old 97hp bike off him as he not longer has it or rides it was to get myself a 78hp bike and i just wanted a little advice wether it would be too much for me to handle. but thanks anyway.
and i think I'm going to go for a Fazer.
fb40dash5 your right its not just about the power i just need to not thrash it, and be even more careful of other drivers than the last time.
many thanks guys!

I rode an ex500 for a couple of years before moving up to the FZ6.
For peak power output, you may have to rev to turbine speeds which may play in your favor. At least for their supersports, but usable power for the street is obtained on the FZ6 pretty easily.
It's not a torque monster by any means like a V-twin generally is, but it gets the job done handily. If you want power though, it's there when you want it, and so long as you keep your shifting late, it'll stay there until you're done.

Ergonomically it is more appealing to me especially on longer 1+ hour rides.

The maintenance requirements are a lot less on the FZ6, as a student you got to love this.For example The valve adjustment interval on the FZ6 is 26,600 miles and EFI is very reliable.

Get the FZ6 mate, you'll love it and never look back.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just make sure it's the FASTER blue version:BLAA:

OMG! Lies! ALL LIES!

Normally I'd suggest the Raven [black] but being THE FASTEST (exceeding that of stealthy "invisble" Ninja Warrior) well it would be wise to stick with the slower blue or even more docile Red! :BLAA:

Thanks Joe for keeping him safe!