Is Anyone Ready For Hockey!

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I am, this year should be a good one with my favorite/home town team as the defending champs :thumbup:

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant wait! Blues, my fav team, (even if they havent been good lately) are gonna make it to the playoffs this year. good rivalry between us. you join any fantasy leagues?

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon Ducks! Western conference was tough this past season.

WTH is going on with NHL?!! Season began with preseason games still going on? Made the season opener so uneventful. SAD!!

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh ya, the blues were 4-2-1 in the preseason, with andy macdonald leading the nhl in points.

Pre season means nothing, but at least the blues did something good!

didnt they split with the wings last season in the regular season?:eek:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, St. Loui should be decent this year, I think they will have a pretty decent chance of making it to the playoffs. Should be a good game between the Wings and the Blues... but you cant really compare to the lines of zetterburg, franzen, and hudler with datsuyk, holmstrom and hossa on the second line :thumbup:

as for the fantasy league no I haven't but I'm willing to join any if you need members.

and don't even get me started with the ducks... can't stand them... chippy, dirty, idiotic team that should have there whole defensive line up in the box before they even drop the puck. Oh well though... their big slow d' can't keep up with the fast paced wings :Flip:

p.s. you live in L.A. and root for Anaheim? What about Anze? gotta love watching him play over there on the west coast

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
dont sleep the penguins!!!

eh... they will still be decent and probably still make it to the playoffs but I don't see anything to great coming out of them this season.. even though I love watching them (one of my favorite teams to watch when the wings arn't on). So I do hope they do well this season :D

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
and don't even get me started with the ducks... can't stand them... chippy, dirty, idiotic team that should have there whole defensive line up in the box before they even drop the puck. Oh well though... their big slow d' can't keep up with the fast paced wings :Flip:

p.s. you live in L.A. and root for Anaheim? What about Anze? gotta love watching him play over there on the west coast

Tisk... we get bad rep just because supposedly the toughest D in the league (on paper). For that reason the Ducks seem to play 1/4 to 1/3 of the game short handed.

I live on the border of LA but works in OC. C'mon! Yamaha Corporate is only a few miles away from the rink.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hockey season :cheer: I'm a Leafs fan...but a realistic one, I know they suck. I think they are going the right way by chucking the old guys and going with a younger team they can build on. Hopefully its not Golf Leafs Golf this year come play-offs.

If you have ever read my profile you have seen that I am a hockey mom. Well our season kicked off today with hubby trying out as goalie for our home town team, kids public skating, and daughters Peewee team practice. (Sons tyke practice was yesterday.) I got to the rink today at 10:30 and didn't leave til 3:30.

Now all they need to do is install a TV with the NHL games at the rink and I would be in heaven!

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Hockey season :cheer: I'm a Leafs fan...but a realistic one, I know they suck. I think they are going the right way by chucking the old guys and going with a younger team they can build on. Hopefully its not Golf Leafs Golf this year come play-offs.

If you have ever read my profile you have seen that I am a hockey mom. Well our season kicked off today with hubby trying out as goalie for our home town team, kids public skating, and daughters Peewee team practice. (Sons tyke practice was yesterday.) I got to the rink today at 10:30 and didn't leave til 3:30.

Now all they need to do is install a TV with the NHL games at the rink and I would be in heaven!

haha, yeah we just played your boys in blue, they did pretty well (even though half the starting roster wasn't playing lol). I'm not to sure how they will fair this year. Even though toronto is our rival I would still like to see them have a good year, they deserve it, the have been struggling for awhile now...

as for the trasher fan, is kovalchuck can stay heathy and actually play with his team the will be a good team... but until he learns to play well with others they will continue to struggle...

lol and again with the duck, the penalty box isn't a place to be proud of and when your spending that much time in it, you deserve to loose... :Flip: lol

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon Oilers! Oh what's the use....:( The wife bought some 6-packs, so at least we support them.

lol I haven't had a chance to check the oilers out yet... I'm assuming they will be right where they were last year unless someone there explodes out of no where... :don'tknow:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Luango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol the canucks are going to suck this year... loosing nasland and relying on the twins to be their star players.. haha what a joke :spank:... Luango is this their only chance and the funny thing is he joined that team to win a cup and they are going to the very wrong direction... I mean the canucks are a respectable team but they are going to have a big flop this year... :thumbdown:

RobK

Reaction score
Visit site
I already have tickets for the canes-redwings match and will be buying canes-penguins tickets soon enough. Dont act like you arent jealous ;)

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah Hockey. As a hockey Mom I too spend alot of time at rink etc. Love the Penquins but an willing to watch anything. This past weekend was great. MotoGP in the AM and Hockey and or Football at night. Pure Heaven!
Trina

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Luango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure bout "Luango".:)..but Luongo is our new captain and hes ready to take us back to the playoffs. Naslund and Morrison needed a change of scenery. We lost our first pre-season game tonight in OT to Anaheim so Im optimistic for at least a division championship...;)...hopefully...:cheer: Watching them for 36 yrs now and I have to say these guys are working ALOT harder than the crew from a year ago...Canucks #1 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: