iOS4 is online

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
ugh I can't find my photos anymore... itunes says there's 400MB of photos, but they don't show up on the phone's photo application... pos!!! if only I could see the damn file system on this thing...

Rumors has it that you can connect the iPhone to a PC running Ubuntu Linux 10,4 (and probably other Linuxes as well), and get file system access. I haven't tried it myself, but a colleague did and said it worked.

You can find some information here.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome, David! What a cute picture!

I'm glad you posted that, too. I've been wanting to see what the new OS actually looks like, so that's a big help. Thanks!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Rumors has it that you can connect the iPhone to a PC running Ubuntu Linux 10,4 (and probably other Linuxes as well), and get file system access. I haven't tried it myself, but a colleague did and said it worked.

You can find some information here.

I actually found a hacked version of "iphone backup extractor" which allowed me to get all my pics/videos from the backup I did before updating the OS, so I am OK now thanks :)

That's awesome, David! What a cute picture!

I'm glad you posted that, too. I've been wanting to see what the new OS actually looks like, so that's a big help. Thanks!

My pleasure... so far so good for me :) Just need to wait until all the appz are re-coded for multitasking...

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
the update broke my exchange mail account and mail settings (crashes to springboard when i try to load it) AND wiped out my contacts. and that's just the stuff i noticed...doing a restore now :(

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
that's weird... I have gmail, hotmail and MS exchange (work) email accounts on the iphone and all of them were transferred successfully for me (including the MS exchange contacts).

View attachment 29076

If you go on the forums though, it looks like a lot of ppl are having issues...

Is Apple becoming like MS or what? :)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
the update broke my exchange mail account and mail settings (crashes to springboard when i try to load it) AND wiped out my contacts. and that's just the stuff i noticed...doing a restore now :(

Exactly why I said I'm keeping my 3GS on 3.1.3 and jailbroken for the time being. I'm sure there will be bugs with iOS4 (though Apple seems to be better than others at testing out bugs before the consumer gets it), and I'll let everyone else be the guinea pigs.

Sorry to hear this, rickawd.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Something I found out today:

In a new function in iOS4, a place is added on the map linked to a photo that has been taken with the iphone.

So if you take a picture in your home, you will see a pin on the map on top of your house.
HOWEVER, the link between the photo and the map wil be established AFTER you reboot the iphone. :thumbup: