Interview tomorrow! WOO! HOO!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a call yesterday to interview with the Comptroller for Public Accounts of Texas tomorrow! :cheer: I am FREAKING STOKED! I had only three interviews since I was laid off last October. This is a great job as the Manager of Support Staff for Administrative Hearings Sections, (Supporting the Legal Team).

When I spoke with the hiring manager yesterday she said, "I'm a lawyer, I'm not a manager, I hate being a manager, I need a good one. I'll teach you everything you need to know about law, you just need to manage the staff." I replied, "I can help you out."

So a little FZ6 Forum good karma would help! :thumbup:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
YES,

Good Luck, I truely hope all goes according to your plans.

We will all be thinking about you.

Good luck once again.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck Pete!

What happened to the printing business?

It is going no where fast. We couldn't find a business to buy in Austin. While I was at a training session in FL they mentioned a shop for sale in Denver, I grew up there, but the asking price is way too high and 50% of the sales come from American with Disability Signs (braille) and the Franchise doesn't support that type of work. But I would still have to pay franchise fees on that portion too.

I also can't make the numbers work. When I add a line for my SBA loan into the fix costs I end up making $20,000 a year. Also the ROI is way too long, about 4 to 7 years. That is adding in the loan costs, my 401K roll over costs, and my huge hit in salary. Now IF I can get past seven years the business becomes much better because the loan will be paid off but that is a very long time to wait.

I have a great deal of respect of Small Business owners, what a huge task.

Needless to say this has been a very frustrating year. Thank goodness for the National Guard and part time orders.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no doubt that with a 100% positive attitude and your military management skills, that you will be the top candidate for this job. All the best to you Pete and good luck!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Will be thinking of you tomorrow!!! Sounds like your new boss is excited about having you there, too!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I'm not wishing you any luck. You don't need it, you'll get the job based on ability, intellect and dashing good looks.

Fred

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Best of FZ karma headed your way.

As a business owner may I share that a positive, can do attitude is what goes a long way during an interview.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Woo them with stories from the Dyno :p Works for me everytime :)

Sounds like a good fit for you, man. Win 'em over :)