Integrated Mirrors...

SergeantG1

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I had thought about doing this as well...but I haven't foudn anything to specifically fit our bikes yet without some mods...I like the Suzuki Gixxer mirrors with integrated turn signals the best, but don't know if they'd fit.

Anyone know where or if I could find a set of integrated mirrors for an FZ6? I'd like to get rid of the stock front signals, and I really like the looks of these.eBay Motors: Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6S R1 CARBON INTEGRATED MIRRORS (item 230288982638 end time Sep-10-08 01:45:40 PDT)

I asked the guy if he had any that would fit my bike, but all he said in a reply was that the specifications were clearly stated in the auction.

This is a bit of a late response but I was searching around the forum and saw your post while looking for mirror ideas and thought I'd reply anyway.

Were you looking at some like these? Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6S R1 CARBON INTEGRATED MIRRORS on eBay, also Suzuki, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Dec-08 18:07:45 GMT). If so, they are adjustable from 3cm to 6cm.

I bought them for my last bike. The best option is to keep the stock mirror bases and to get the newer mirrorstalks to fit into them. There's loads of detail on them here My GPZ500S mods and elsewhere on the forum (loads of people with GPZ500S's have them now).

They're pretty good but not amazing quality. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get them for my FZ6 or not and looking at other options.

Last edited:
i also would like to do these, but i would keep the stock signals and make them flush mount. the more lights the better.

i also would like to do these, but i would keep the stock signals and make them flush mount. the more lights the better.

My plan exactly! :rockon:

If you were incredibly hardcore you could even stick indicators in the pod lights too and have three sets on the front!!! :innocent:

If you were incredibly hardcore you could even stick indicators in the pod lights too and have three sets on the front!!! :innocent:

Do you have any suggestions on how you would go about doing this?

I'm DYING to do it but electrics are only my forte when I know what I'm doing.

I want to have integrated mirrors and pod lights that are indicators.

also a good idea... :thumbup:

Simple wire splicing would take care of all the installations. worst case a relay may be needed if the resistance gets too high...

Those are some really great looking mirrors. I would love to see a step by step how to for installing these on an fz. I'm not very creative and when it comes to "modifying" a part I don't always know exactly how to go about it. If anybody buys these and makes a how to I know I'll be ordering a set for myself.
I love the extra visibility.

This is a bit of a late response but I was searching around the forum and saw your post while looking for mirror ideas and thought I'd reply anyway.

Were you looking at some like these? Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6S R1 CARBON INTEGRATED MIRRORS on eBay, also Suzuki, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Dec-08 18:07:45 GMT). If so, they are adjustable from 3cm to 6cm.

I bought them for my last bike. The best option is to keep the stock mirror bases and to get the newer mirrorstalks to fit into them. There's loads of detail on them here My GPZ500S mods and elsewhere on the forum (loads of people with GPZ500S's have them now).

They're pretty good but not amazing quality. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get them for my FZ6 or not and looking at other options.

Those are the exact ones I was looking at. I'm think about just getting them and trying to make them work. My plan before spring is to switch over to flush mounts, install pod/signal LED's, and put on integrated mirrors like those.

Thanks for the info!

Those are sweet but I can't stand the faux carbon fiber look. If they made them like these Lightech Carbon Fibre Mirrors For All Bikes [LSPE] : Bayside Performance, Source for 06 Yamaha Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Exhaust Turnsignals Seat Cowl's for YZF R1 R6 CBR600RR CBR 1000RR GSXR 600 750 1000 I'd be in heaven.

what about stock gsx-r mirrors? has anyone tried those?

Those are the exact ones I was looking at. I'm think about just getting them and trying to make them work. My plan before spring is to switch over to flush mounts, install pod/signal LED's, and put on integrated mirrors like those.

Thanks for the info!

I actually have two bikes at the moment so I can compare those mirrors to see how they will fit on my FZ6 when I get back from Christmas.

I do not think the GSXR mirrors will work. We need mirrors that can be adjusted both at the fairing and the actual mirror.

I would like to find or make some that are as long as ours are stock, and have the lights in them. Is there any way to lengthen the shaft on some of these after market jobs? Has anyone figured this out yet?

Those of you looking at those mirros on ebay, I bought a pair back in November, the plain black ones. They bolt in fine, but they are useless and look silly mounted. The angle of the stalks is not sharp enough and so they stick out and look like dog ears or something. Couldn't see out of them and it loooked dumber than stock. So no go on those.

got any photos of that? ps: how many of you actually use the mirrors to look BEHIND you? I use mine to look in the next lane if there is a car there or coming...do those gsx-r mirrors allow you to see the next lanes?

I do not know, but if you look at them, they do not have any adjustment at the mirror for the angle of the mirror. The GSXR fairing is a lot more horizontal than ours at the mirror mount location, so our would be angled more to the ground.

Last edited:
I think that these could work, but I want the shaft to be longer. It appears that the mirrors adjust on the shaft. I am not sure though.

Back