Installing on/off rocker switches

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Where would be the optimal place to install some? Turn on/off angel eyes, led strip, etc. And per electrical standards should you wire it into the negative or positive wire? Obviously if you cut power to either you will lose power but what is the "proper" way?

All this on an 06 FZ6. Thanks.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Where would be the optimal place to install some? Turn on/off angel eyes, led strip, etc. And per electrical standards should you wire it into the negative or positive wire? Obviously if you cut power to either you will lose power but what is the "proper" way?

All this on an 06 FZ6. Thanks.
You can see where I mounted mine on my site here. I made sure that I could unplug mine easily when removing the inner ****pit plastic thingy by addind extra connectors.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I always switch the positive side. You can switch the ground, but A) you can ground something out pretty easily, potentially activating it accidentally, and B) some stuff is grounded through its mount, so you can't really switch its ground. So I switch the + side to keep it consistent.

Of course, all my vehicles are Japanese, and they love ground switching, so that kind of throws that whole consistency thing out the window. Oh well. If you use anything more complicated than a SPST (lighted, double poles or throws, etc) I recommend getting a dedicated plug for it, if one exists. I use them on my Carling switches in my cages, though those are kinda big for a bike. Much easier to reconnect one plug than to remember where 3-8 spade connectors go!