Installed my Vapor gauge...

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
I started having problems with the buttons on the stock unit, and I never liked the tach on my 05 so I thought I'd give the Vapor a try.

Hooked up the Neutral, turn signals, and high beam indicator lights(neutral light took me a little while to figure out). Now I wanna try a fab up something to cover the whole that the old gauge left, either with an aluminum plate or a mount for my GPS. I'm also experiencing a "bouncy" tach(whihc is a common problem for different bikes with the Vapor), and supposibly installing a resistor on the tach sensor lead fixes this(will order that soon). Anyway here are some pics.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, kind of small though, do you find it hard to see while riding? also what color is the backlighting?

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
I got it off of eBay, I think it was a couple of bucks cheaper that way.

Actually, though it is a smaller "package" than the OEM unit, the numbers are about the same size or larger. The tach is definately easier to read, plus this unit has 2 shift lights. Only downside to it is you cannot display everything at once....ie, if I want to read engine temp I need to put it in "Mode 2" which doesn't show the; Odo, ambient, time...

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a little video of it, though you really can't see much(dusk, and I was in my carport). Mainly just wanted to test out the helmet cam.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0z7IUFiPY"]YouTube - FZ6 with TrailTech Vapor gauge[/ame]