Install radiator Fan 07 Fz6..

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to install radiator fan(wrecked bike rebuild)..but getting it up thru the frame to connect it is proving to be a real BTCH, sounds easy but all the other wires crammed in there make it difficult , do I have to remove the battery box? Anyone been through this before? Thanks, (2007 Fz6)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to install radiator fan(wrecked bike rebuild)..but getting it up thru the frame to connect it is proving to be a real BTCH, sounds easy but all the other wires crammed in there make it difficult , do I have to remove the battery box? Anyone been through this before? Thanks, (2007 Fz6)

I haven't had to change out the fan motor on my 07 but have had the battery box as well as the air filter/air filter assembly(attached to to the throttle bodies) out to do the BD 43 headlight mod and add a speedohealer.

The battery box removal isn't difficult, the air intake boot assembly is a bit more involved.

Follow the wires up until you find a connector. Take your time, take some notes and digital pictures if need be.

There are several connectors up under the battery box.

While your there, I'd strongly suggest adding di-lectric grease to every connector you can find, it'll prevent water intrusion/corrosion.

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't had to change out the fan motor on my 07 but have had the battery box as well as the air filter/air filter assembly(attached to to the throttle bodies) out to do the BD 43 headlight mod and add a speedohealer.

The battery box removal isn't difficult, the air intake boot assembly is a bit more involved.

Follow the wires up until you find a connector. Take your time, take some notes and digital pictures if need be.

There are several connectors up under the battery box.

While your there, I'd strongly suggest adding di-lectric grease to every connector you can find, it'll prevent water intrusion/corrosion.

Thanks finished last night, wish Id seen your post first about the di-lectric grease, but next time..for any other newbie if you have to do this, there are two 10mm bolts on the side of the frame that hold the battery box in place,(after you remove the battery of course) and you will have to take the airfilter box out...the connector is crammed up behind the battery box..:Flash: