Inaccurate Air Temp display

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed that the air temp display on the FZ is about 10'C too high compaired to the ambiant temp measured on my other bike, iphone app ect..

Is there a way to adjust it? ..:don'tknow:

It reads 18'C when it is really closer to 8'C, which is nice...if it were true..

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
In my 2004 FZ6 it adds 4°C.
The fact is that it measures the INTAKE air temp, not the "ambient" air temp. And the intake is almost inside the engine.
Unfortunately it is a measurement for the engine management, not for our convenience :(

Regards,
XSrider

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if it can be adjusted but I believe it is actually reading the temp of the air to the intake, and the sensor is above the engine so as the bike heats up the temp rises. I find that when the bike is cold its pretty accurate.

Sent from my Droid via Tapatalk.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not air temp... it's air intake temp... It is the air temp at the throttle bodies... not ambient temp... The sensor is located close enough to the engine to effect the reading... Funny... I had a Gen 1 2003 FZ1... It had carbs... It also had carb heat in order to prevent icing in the carb throats...

Last edited:

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I think he is referring to this:

1. Coolant temperature display 1. Air intake temperature display

INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS
3-113

When the key is turned to
“ON”,the coolant temperature is automatically displayed, even if the air intake temperature was displayed prior to turning the key to“OFF”.

When the air intake temperature display is selected,
“A” is displayed for one second, and then the air in-take temperature is displayed.

When the coolant temperature display is selected,
“C” is displayed for one second, and then the coolant temperature is displayed.

If you are in km/h, you most likely get degrees C, in mph you should read degrees F.