I'm so stupid!

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so the title was so that oldfast could have some fun.

The wife called out to me this afternoon from the garage - she'd been out shopping. She wanted me to move the boxes that had fallen over which were now blocking her path into the garage.

The boxes which had my helmet on top of them!!!!! :eek:

Of course, the stack was 5 feet tall and now my $400 AGV Stealth has a crack in the back of it. Don't think I can really call that 'safe' any more.

So.... I'm so stupid!!!!!

W

wrightme43

Suxxors man. I keep my helmets on the ground so that sorta thing doesnt happen.

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
You got the right attitude at least. Don't get mad at your wife, it wasn't her fault! Sorry about the loss, $400 that stings!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. That's an expensive mistake...

I have nightmares about this happening, since helmet damage is binary - you've either dropped it and ruined it, or you haven't dropped it.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Sorry to hear about that, but look at it this way.

Imagine your humiliation had the helmet fallen on your head.

See, it can always be worse.

Fred

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, going to keep the next one inside in a bag in a specially constructed pine box on the ground inside its helmet bag.

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
So, what use is there for a cracked helmet?

IMG_1120.jpg

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
That's kind of scary, to be honest. I didn't think a $400 helmet would be prone to crack from a 5' fall. It makes me wonder what would happen at 50mph in a head-on collision.

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
Talked to the sales guy today when I was buying the new lid. What he said makes sense. The more expensive the helmet (not that this is the most expensive helmet by any means) the more it will damage easily.

The idea is that the helmet crumples rather than your head in a collision. You don't really want the helmet to walk away without a scratch but your head to be mashed. Similar to the crumple zones in your car.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your helmet, but it will be nice to have another on the way. I always have 2 helmets in my rotation just in case something like this happens so that i can keep riding :)

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
So, what use is there for a cracked helmet?

IMG_1120.jpg

Lot's of the "go fast" boat drivers will wear helmets to keep the wind, rain and spray off their faces.

Some guys wear paint ball masks, but they tend to fog easily. Boaters aren't as concerned about crashing as motorcyclists are. Your cracked AGV helmet might function quite well as a boat helmet since all it really needs to do is keep the wind off a boaters face.