I'm Leaving...

R

Raid The Revenge

After a recent ill-conclusion over an item on Ebay, I've decided that there's better elements in life than people.

All I wanted was a GOD-DAMNED MOTORCYCLE JACKET. That's right, a piece of saftey-ware. The man said he's sell it to me; even if I lived in Canada. He'd charge me $60 extra though...

I win the item, bidding $50 more than anyone else. I win the jacket. It was all I wanted. I paid for it, including the $60 extra for Canadian shipping! I purposely ripped myself off.

Seller changed his mind. No. He won't sell to a Canadian, he won't ship the Jacket.

I gave him an address for one of my relatives in Phoenix Arizona: USA. The seller said NO. He didn't want the Jacket to go to Canada. Period.

That's it. I've had enough. Everyone assumed I'm some 'bad-guy.' I had "Satanic" symbols and such. Guess what? I wrote a story about Hell to get someone out of it. Nobody cares. Some people say I'm stupid for typing script I've specifically gotten from books! Not the internet, not the news, especially not the television...books.

I'm done. I'm leaving. I know some people will be happy about that. Good for them.

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't feel bad I just had a transaction go sour on ebay. I bought a mio GPS phone which arrived not as described. I played by all the rules of ebay and paypal, I contacted the seller told him about the missing accessories he didn't respond, made a claim and then escalated it. The seller was not responsive in any way to any of my messages. Then paypal notified me that the seller responded to them with a different claim. Bottom line I got stuck with a $200 piece of **** because paypal ruled in his favor. They didn't even bother to post what the seller wrote to them and gave no reason for their decision.
Dishonest people trying to make a quick buck have ruined Ebay and Paypal sucks because they think that they are god. I had a similar occurance when bidding on a set of xbox 360 controllers a game and a wireless headset. I bid $50 no one else bid the auction had 2 minutes left and the seller pulled them claiming that they were faulty eventhough he stated that they worked fine in his auction. He obviously didn't get the money he wanted for them and stopped the auction.

Rant over!

H

HavBlue

Don't feel bad I just had a transaction go sour on ebay. I bought a mio GPS phone which arrived not as described. I played by all the rules of ebay and paypal, I contacted the seller told him about the missing accessories he didn't respond, made a claim and then escalated it. The seller was not responsive in any way to any of my messages. Then paypal notified me that the seller responded to them with a different claim. Bottom line I got stuck with a $200 piece of **** because paypal ruled in his favor. They didn't even bother to post what the seller wrote to them and gave no reason for their decision.
Dishonest people trying to make a quick buck have ruined Ebay and Paypal sucks because they think that they are god. I had a similar occurance when bidding on a set of xbox 360 controllers a game and a wireless headset. I bid $50 no one else bid the auction had 2 minutes left and the seller pulled them claiming that they were faulty eventhough he stated that they worked fine in his auction. He obviously didn't get the money he wanted for them and stopped the auction.

Rant over!

First, I have to tell you I love playing hard ball and rules are for fools. When you pay with pay pal you use a credit card. Call the credit card company and dispute the charge (stop the payment and hold the presses). I went through this once and it really stirred things up. I got the charge reversed and was even nice enough to send the product back.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
First, I have to tell you I love playing hard ball and rules are for fools. When you pay with pay pal you use a credit card. Call the credit card company and dispute the charge (stop the payment and hold the presses). I went through this once and it really stirred things up. I got the charge reversed and was even nice enough to send the product back.

by the time you receive the item and find out that it is a bad one , the seller already has withdrawn his money from paypal to his bank account...and you spend some time to contact with the seller thinking that he is a good guy and the situation is an honest mistake etc...so my question is nearly 3 weeks after making the payment , can you still cancel it from your credit card?

i know that credit card companies cover the loss of what you bought,,even if it is stolen,,,,all you have to do is report it within a month or so,,but i dont know if it would work if you are paying to Paypal....

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
When an item that I want on eBay (or any Etailer for that matter) is located in the US, I ALWAYS contact the seller first to ask if they ship to Canada. If the answer's NO, then that's fine....I keep looking until I find someone who will ship to me....I certainly don't dwell on it. The main reason for "refusal" is the high cost of shipping, usually by UPS. I have occasionally changed a seller's mind by suggesting that the item be sent USPS.
In the past 10 years or so of ordering stuff over the net, I've only had ONE ignorant response from a seller in the US about being Canadian....only ONE. All other responses were polite and their decision to not ship was based on real reasons, not just whimsy.
I must say, however, that I find it quite comical when a US seller posts on eBay Canada, then says he doesn't ship to Canada.:confused: :rolleyes:
All in all, I've had many, many great experiences ordering from the US and am seldom disappointed....so Raid the Revenge...take a deep breath, get over it and move on. Americans are just like us, even if they don't understand what the War of 1812 was really all about. :p

H

HavBlue

by the time you receive the item and find out that it is a bad one , the seller already has withdrawn his money from paypal to his bank account...and you spend some time to contact with the seller thinking that he is a good guy and the situation is an honest mistake etc...so my question is nearly 3 weeks after making the payment , can you still cancel it from your credit card?

i know that credit card companies cover the loss of what you bought,,even if it is stolen,,,,all you have to do is report it within a month or so,,but i dont know if it would work if you are paying to Paypal....

The Pay Pal folks who charged your card have an account with that credit card firm. When your complaint is filed the credit card firm can take action in the form of a charge back against that account (Pay Pals). Trust me, they (PayPal) will not like this at all as they will be the ones losing the money. The other thing you want to do as a purchaser is leave really bad feedback for that seller. If you buy often enough on eBay you will get notices from them every now and then. The last one I got dealt with some of the issues we speak of here. It would appear they are really cracking down on these issues as it DOES make them look bad.

Another issue that really gets to me is that of "truth in advertising." It is because of this I take the time to research the sellers activity both good and bad and I am especially interested in any negative feedback. If that seller isn't 99.5% rated or more, I'm not even going to waste my time. The other thing I look for is how long they have been selling and the total number of transactions they have completed during that time. Please understand there is only so much you can do to protect yourself but a little research goes a long way.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
The only bad experiences I have had on ebay are slow shipping, and I got worried a couple times but the product finally showed up.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i am glad to say that over 65 transactions from ebay ,i had no problems on the products i purchased,,infact one of the seller send me an item twice,,,it was a side mirror for a car,,,the cost of shipping was way too much more than the items value(shipped from california to ontario-canada),,even though i contacted the seller about their mistake,,they told me to keep it....i still have that brand new mirror at home :)

oh and i had to wait for 2 freaking months for a hp pocket pc but it was really a good deal and all the feedback that the seller had was complaints about long shipping time but good product....as you can imagine my feedback was pretty much the same..

i consider myself lucky,,i also have sold about 10 items from ebay ( camcorders,,cameras and computer parts)..i shipped the items the same day of the payment and never had any problems also....

so stuff happens but especially if you are in canada like myself,,you have to check it out about shipping details before buying....

sorry to hear about to problems you had,,all i can say is dont give up quickly,,you are better than them!!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Ahh, the "I'm leaving forever" post. Odds are, he'll be back in a week.

Also, he's probably reading this thread without signing in, to see what sort of responses his post gets.

Raid, I don't know why an ebay transaction gone wrong makes you want to leave the forum. I'm guessing that you got some flack from ignorant people over your old avatar (a pentacle, wasn't it?). The forum got a "no satanism" policy recently, I guess that's what this is about. Which is pretty silly, since to be a Satanist, you have to be a Christian. Are we banning Christians too?

You should have brought this up in conversation when it happened. Instead you posted a barely coherent rant and then stormed out. That solves nothing.

If you want to talk things out, come on back.

Fred

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, it dont matter what you do in life you will always come across the odd ar**hole, you have just got to rise above them and carry on.please dont tarnish us all with the same brush 99.9% of us are good guys.It would be a shame for you to leave because of a miss fortune you've had regarding a "DICK Turpin" on ebay.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
The forum got a "no satanism" policy recently, I guess that's what this is about. Which is pretty silly, since to be a Satanist, you have to be a Christian. Are we banning Christians too?
Fred

You really need to expand on this one.... cuz you totally lost me here.

"to be a Satanist you have to be a Christian" that does not compute.

inquiring minds want to know ... well at least I do.:p

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site

inquiring minds want to know ... well at least I do.:p

I think what he is trying to say is to be satanic you have to believe in god and vice versa.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Raid the no Satanism rule was not because of your Avtar. I researched the rules on larger forums ( as this one is growing fast ) and alot of the large forums are unfriendly. The rules here are designed to keep it friendly.

You have good posts and add alot of good content to the forum and you are always welcome here.

Dennis.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com

Satan, A.K.A. Lucifer the fallen angel, is part of the Christian pantheon. If you believe in God, by extension you have to believe in Satan.

Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. don't recognize the existence of Satan. (Islam does have a similar figure to satan, but he's not a fallen angel and isn't referred to as Satan.)

To sum up, Satanism and Satan Worship are offshoots of Christianity. Satan Worship is just what it sounds like. Satanism, I'm told is not the worship of Satan but an attempt to follow his path and his choice,"I will not serve." I think it's more about doing what you want regardless of what anyone else says or does. (In other words, justification for being a self centered ***hole)

Fred

P.S. Boy, we've gone off topic here!

H

HavBlue

The only bad experiences I have had on ebay are slow shipping, and I got worried a couple times but the product finally showed up.

I've never had a time issue with shipping. My issue with shipping is the price paid relative to the actual cost. An example would be paying $25 and then getting the item and the cost was actually $17.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Satan, A.K.A. Lucifer the fallen angel, is part of the Christian pantheon. If you believe in God, by extension you have to believe in Satan.

Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. don't recognize the existence of Satan. (Islam does have a similar figure to satan, but he's not a fallen angel and isn't referred to as Satan.)

To sum up, Satanism and Satan Worship are offshoots of Christianity. Satan Worship is just what it sounds like. Satanism, I'm told is not the worship of Satan but an attempt to follow his path and his choice,"I will not serve." I think it's more about doing what you want regardless of what anyone else says or does. (In other words, justification for being a self centered ***hole)

Fred

P.S. Boy, we've gone off topic here!

Are you sure we didn't get any mercury in one of the engines the other night???? :justkidding::justkidding:

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
i sure hope things work out, and that you feel better, or decide you can make your defective merchandise work.

i very sorry you got ripped off, and sorrier even still that you are leaving. leaving where, i cant say and dont know.

that said, you have lots of credits. maybe you could donate some to me.