I'm going to make this hill my bitch.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so this is funny but strange story. So my fiance and I bought a couple of Scwhinn Bicycles and have been riding a few miles every couple of days. I have to say I havent ridden a bike in about 10 years so its pretty fun doing it all over again. Jessica (Fiance) still is readapting to it. I call her my daffodil because she is weak, just for fun, but she loves me. Anyway...So we are climbing up a pretty steep hill thats probably about a 1 mile long and for some reason I say "IM GOING TO MAKE THIS HILL MY BITCH" as i'm power riding up it leaving Jessica behind she says in whiney tone "IM THE HILL'S BITCH!" I totally lost it and thought it was priceless the way she said it. Thought it would be my moment of the day to share on here.

Sorry for the language if it offends.:rolleyes:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny story -- I'd be in her position if I was riding a bicycle, especially uphill.

I rode my bike to work one day back in 2006, a measly 4.5 miles. I couldn't sit down for the rest of the day. After riding home I couldn't sit down for the rest of the week.

The ride wasn't exhausting. I felt great after doing it, would save lots of money on parking and gas, that seat just destroyed me. I tried a few but could never find one that was comfortable enough for my fat ass.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: that's pretty damn funny! I know the feeling all too well.. I ride my bike a lot.. I'm often hill's bitch :(

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to butt in. but what does the title mean? all i know a bitch is a *hore:Flash:

i rode my bike to work a few times. the ride to work i enjoy but from work it kills me, because all the slopes turn to hills!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to butt in. but what does the title mean? all i know a bitch is a *hore:Flash:

Perhaps this phrase is a cultural thing? In the US, "To make something/someone your bitch" simply means to conquer or get the best of

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: that is funny...similar story here, we bought bicycles this year too and kept it up for few months riding at least few times a week but eventually we stopped and my gf doesnt ride at all anymore and I get bored riding by myself so i kinda stopped doing it too...i dont really know how to keep it going :shakehead:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont really know how to keep it going :shakehead:

From my experience the only way to stay with it is to LOVE it .. or to hate being out of shape enough to make you get out and ride every day!

Infinitely easier if you have a partner to ride with, but I've gotten used to riding solo. It's actually a bit like meditation now.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
or to hate being out of shape enough to make you get out and ride every day!

Thats what motivates me the most. I just dont like how it feels when I'm too heavy for my height.

But I get too tempted to take the fz out. Thats what I keep doing, I look at my bicycle - then my helmet, and the decision is made. :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny story. . . .

I used to ride my mb lots but got bored of being alone as did everyone else here. It is good to go out and crank it up a good distance to empty the brain. Very different than the FZ action.

On another note those hills can be great little progress checks. I had a couple that were steeeeeeeep and long. When i started, I couldn't get a 1/4 of the way up. After about 2 months of random rides I had the stamina to crest the hill without stopping. A good feeling I must say especially when your drinking buddy from the night before is blowing chunks along the way lol. . .