I'm devastated -lost my baby Senna

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Worst 2 days of my life ended today when we had to have our beautiful Labrador Senna put down.

We are absolutely heartbroken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear about your loss. We had a black lab named Autumn for 11 years before we had to put her down. Pets truly are members of the family. All you can do is trust that you did the right thing and hold on to all the great memories. God Bless you.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear that Kaz.
It truly brings a tear to my eye, knowing how much love a treasured pet gives back to you.
I cannot have a cat as a pet after my two, Matches and Zap got to "that" time.
I know how you feel, thoughts are with you

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gutted for you Kaz,
Dogs ask for so little and give so much. We has to have Scoobie put to sleep after a speeding driver Ran him down.
What happened to Senna?

Nelly

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:( :( So sorry to here it Kaz :( :( I know how much you both treasured your 'kids'.....

Life can be so cruel sometimes :( Be sure to take comfort in the fact that Senna is at peace now & look after Brocky just that little bit extra coz she will be feeling just as bad as you :(

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Prayers are with you, sorry for your loss....bout the worst thing you can ever go through. Enjoy the memories of her.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
We lost our dog, Gromit, about 2 years ago and took comfort in the story of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Stella, our new dog (not a replacement dog) is now 2 years old and as big a part of the family as Gromit was.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry, I can so feel your loss. I've had to put down two of our family members. I'm getting teary eyed just writing this.

Took me 4 years before I could I bear to have another dog. The wife and kids found a rescue puppy and he has been a great dog. Hang in there, it will get better.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry for your loss, I know how you feel as I had to put down my 16 year old mut on Dec. 17th 2010 and I still feel the pain. He was with me for half of my life when we seperated.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Karen and Mike,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You must have been going through hell the past few days with your baby sufferng. :(
Know that our hearts and well wishes are with you.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Karen- I'm so sorry for your loss :( I can only imagine the pain you are feeling. I cannot bear to think of the day we'll have to do the same thing to our 2yr old pup Ari. Best wishes and thoughts are with you.