Ignition Switch wires cut, now bike wont start.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It wasn't working before.

I would make sure all safety switches are repaired before anything. Unplug the starter interrupt/ cutout unit and test the neutral safety switch. You should see it open and close with an ohm meter as you switch from neutral to first etc.

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about the long wait for an update, but I got the bike running! The problem was the cutoff relay. I was able to have that delivered quickly.

I also was able to fix a couple of other things too. I reconnected my side stand switch so it's fully operational, just took awhile to find the perfect spring to fit. My friend actually has a stash of springs for his modeling hobby. I got help soldering the handle bar kill switch, so that is operational too. Last thing I still need is the neutral switch, but I have that being delivered.

Everything else seems to be in order. I appreciate everyone's help!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about the long wait for an update, but I got the bike running! The problem was the cutoff relay. I was able to have that delivered quickly.

I also was able to fix a couple of other things too. I reconnected my side stand switch so it's fully operational, just took awhile to find the perfect spring to fit. My friend actually has a stash of springs for his modeling hobby. I got help soldering the handle bar kill switch, so that is operational too. Last thing I still need is the neutral switch, but I have that being delivered.

Everything else seems to be in order. I appreciate everyone's help!

Good job! :rockon: