Ignition switch problem

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am an owner of a FZ6 S2 (2007) (the slightly slower red model ;) )
Yesterday I turned the key, started the bike and rode off. I soon realised that the indicators were not working. After stopping to check I realised that the rear light was not functioning either. The brake lights and front lights were working normally. When I turned the key fully clockwise everything worked normally again.
Apparently there is a position on the switch which allows the engine to start but not all the electrics work.
This has happened to me once before but after turning the key on and off the problem (obviously) cleared itself.
I heard from a mate of mine (who also has a bike) that he had heard of similar problems with other bikes.

Now I know the solution this shouldn't be a problem in the future, but it could be handy to know.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks for checking biker dude but I've also got 3 positions (not counting the "P" parking light position), so nothin new there, it's just that it sometimes finds a "position" between "ON" and "OFF" which is enough to get the bike started but not enough to get all the electrics working. It does however carry out its little flashy thing before hand, which would make you think everything is OK (although I couldn't swear that every single lamp flashed).

If this problem continues I will contact my dealer.

Had the same thing happen to me today I thought the fuse or somthing had gone ,I stopped switched it back on and it was fine.aAso last week i was ridIng and the bike just shut down on me as if I had hit the kill switch,I stopped and the ignition key had apparantly turned into the off position.I swItched it to on and it started up fine.

Go figure.

Back