If you haven't changed air filter a while, please do it :)!!

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Long short story, I was trying to sell my Shorai LFX18A1 battery $130 so figured out no one needed it so I started to use it anyway and by the time I installed it I got myself a Yamaha OEM air filter...the old air filter dirty..so it was worth to replace while installing the Shorai battery (got a good deal from fleebay brand new Yamaha OEM air $24.99 shipped!)

So my rode today to work 35 mile one way...what a surprise, it's ridden smoothly especially when was at low throttle low gear..completely different (previously it was sounded as it needed throttle sync as the exhaust sound was like drowning pops..)

Definitely, if you haven't replaced the airfilter, please do it so ,,,$24.99 deal I found from fleebay,,,brand new though! It helps the bike to ride smooth and perhaps save some gas (one of the reason I like FZ6 because the huge tank, 5.1 gallon,,,I fill the tank after 2.5 round trip or I could have even ridden 3 days for total 210 miles until the last bar disappeared..!)

So come one my fellow riders,,,if you haven't changed airfilter for a while, do it! :) good luck and ride safe!

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely change sooner if you ride all year round in wet and damp conditions.

Changed mine at the correct time(by the book) and shall be doing the next change at half the service interval.
The induction sound is definitely changed (as more air is getting in), I found that it had more "go" in a higher gear, so consequently I get slightly more miles per gallon.....

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm at 20K miles never changed mine. I inspected it last year and it looked great. I never ride in wet or dusty conditions I guess I'm lucky.