Idiots on the road!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
My next cage will definitely have radar-controlled cruise.

Is that the thing that senses a car in front of you and adjusts your cruise speed accordingly?

I want that in my next car, but my next car is soooooo far away, because I have more bike stuff, and another bike even! that I want to buy before I focus on a cage again.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that the thing that senses a car in front of you and adjusts your cruise speed accordingly?

I want that in my next car, but my next car is soooooo far away, because I have more bike stuff, and another bike even! that I want to buy before I focus on a cage again.

In this time of extremely high fuel prices I would focus on the bikes! :rockon:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
My motorcycle will never save me money, so I don't follow the gas price argument.

The gas savings from bike vs car fuel economy will never add up to the additional cost for insurance on the bike -- not to mention the cost of the bike itself, gear, mods, etc. etc.

I will however totally go for the bike being a lot more fun, cooler, more exciting, and so on than the cage.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad they got him on camera and hopefully he really is being prosecuted as mentioned. I doubt that was the first time he'd pulled such antics against bikers. I think I'll go order those suppressers for this loud-assed TB exhaust now. Hate to upset the crazies.

Thought you were hinting at the 9mm. . . . lol

OK - Bike, that's good!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could have been many different outcomes to this scene. . . Truck put evey one in harms way and for no real apparent reason. Unjustified and could have changed the lives of many in the blink of an eye.

Lead bike must have had some adrenalin going, I can't believe with full gear he didn't take out the driver. . . hint; My tolerance level for someone trying to purposely kill me is low.

I drive about 1000 miles a month. In an 6 month time frame you can bet, some dick will try and force people to not pass, not change lanes, not use both lanes where two or more are available; and all for the sake of control. F$$k them! This includes idiots who pull from the far right, through to the middle, and into the left to block me from going faster than them when no one is in front of either of us. People do stupid Sh$t! Keep your head. . .

But why is most are always Jeep drivers? :D

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
This happened to me Tuesday Morning! I was white lining and I must have pissed this guy off because he swerved at me.

I think, they think we are made out of car, and they'll just dent us if we get hit.

It's just bike Envy.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, that'd be the one.
In this time of extremely high fuel prices I would focus on the bikes! :rockon:
Funny thing is I was looking at the Prius when I came across this feature. And a new car is far out for me as well. Have everything paid for at the moment, so until I start having issues with repair costs, no new car for me.
Thought you were hinting at the 9mm. . . . lol

OK - Bike, that's good!
Ha - no, I'm just getting on my own nerves with this thing, so I'm sure it is annoying to others. Last thing I need is one more childish reason for someone to react negatively to me on the road, although at least I'm noticed, I guess :).

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My motorcycle will never save me money, so I don't follow the gas price argument.

The gas savings from bike vs car fuel economy will never add up to the additional cost for insurance on the bike -- not to mention the cost of the bike itself, gear, mods, etc. etc.

I will however totally go for the bike being a lot more fun, cooler, more exciting, and so on than the cage.

Depends I guess.

My FZ6 actually saves me about $500 per year over driving my Toyota pickup around for all those miles, even after you factor in tires, insurance, tags, etc. Maintenance costs are actually much less on the FZ6 than the truck so far.

Being over 30 with a clean driving records helps when it's time to pay bike insurance. Mine is $28/month full coverage ($1,000 deductibles) through Nationwide.

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Update from the local paper...

Bracken video the rage of YouTube

BROOKSVILLE -- New business at the Bracken County Fiscal Court meeting Wednesday included a request for an explanation of a YouTube video, depicting alleged road rage on a Bracken County road a few weeks ago.

According to Bracken County Sheriff Howard Niemeier, two motorcycles were riding on Kentucky 22 between Haley Ridge Road and Kentucky 539 when one of the operators attempted to pass a truck; in doing so the motorcycle crossed double yellow center lines.

"The truck driver appeared to try to run him off the road," Niemeier said. "The video of the incident is all over YouTube."

The truck is seen cutting to the left and crossing yellow lines for no apparent reason as the motorcycle was along side it.

Luckily, the first cyclist was not struck and continued on ahead of the truck; the motorcycle behind continued to videotape the truck for a while, Niemeier said.

"I think he was afraid to pass," Niemeier said.

On the video all three vehicles ultimately stop at a stop sign; verbal accusations and banter about driving skills and road rights continue as the three pace outside and off their vehicles, and the images and sounds are caught on the motorcycle's video camera.

The truck license plate number is recited on the video, giving police a clue to the operator, whose face is seen in the video, Niemeier said.

Police were called about the incident by the motorcyclists, Niemeier said.

"The driver of the truck is in trouble," said Bracken County Attorney Mike Clark.

A warrant has been issued for the truck driver, who may be in another state at the moment, Niemeier said.

The incident prompted more observation of Kentucky 22 by his officers, Niemeier said.

"Kentucky 22 is on many motorcyclists websites as a road they like to travel, because of the curves," he said. "There are a lot of videos of Kentucky 22 on YouTube."

Contrary to popular belief, most of the cyclists are obeying the speed limit, he said.

"Officers did cite three motorcyclist over the weekend for crossing the yellow line, but I clocked some myself, that I thought were speeding, with radar and they were doing the speed limit or under," he said.

Because of the sound and maneuverability of the vehicles, made to do exactly what they were doing, they appeared to be going much faster, he said.

"I couldn't keep up with them in the cruiser, but it was because I had to break for the curves and they could just lean into them and keep going 55 miles per hour," Niemeier said. "You just can't do the same maneuvers in a car."

Magistrates suggested adding flashing caution lights to part of the roadway known as Bullskin Curve, an area prone to motorcycle and other vehicle accidents.

Bracken County Judge-Executive Earl Bush said he would consult with Kentucky Transportation Cabinet about what could be done at the curve.

According to a viewing counter, the video has been viewed nearly 400,000 times since it was posted on the internet, officials said.

Attempts by The Ledger Independent to contact the motorcyclist who shot the video have been unsuccessful.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
The Dude, I was just about to post that article from the local paper to update everyone. You beat me to it! :thumbup:

I thought there were a couple of interesting pieces of information in the article. None bigger than hearing the sheriff say he was surprised when he clocked some of the bikes on the road last weekend that he thought were speeding, and it turned out they weren't. It's nice to see a LEO finally realize that bikes can carry more speed through curves than a car or truck can (while still staying within the speed limit). That was rather refreshing!

The other nice tidbit of information...that a warrant has been issued for the idiot in the truck. The guy that shot the video posted on our local forum about all this and he hates that this has brought so much attention to one of our better motorcycling roads (in this area), but he hopes it's worth it in the end. He's a pretty laid back fellow and while I think he knows he's doing the right thing by pushing the issue with law enforcement, I think he's a little shy of the media attention it's getting (as evidenced at the end of the article where the paper says they couldn't contact the person who shot the video).

I'll pass along anything else I hear.

Goose

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got to watch the video...wow. I was shaking I was so mad after watching this...the guys riding handled it a lot better than I would have. I really hope this guy gets f****d by the long d**k of the law for this. I'm from Ky, and I have to say, I'm really tired of the only stories from Kentucky considered newsworthy being coal mines, meth labs, or other redneckery such as this. Way to keep your cool, guys.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I've stopped caring about how Kentucky gets portrayed in the media. If someone wants to stereotype me based on anything they've seen well that's their loss.

I find random roads to ride all around the state frequently, and I wouldn't want to encounter anyone like that -- so I'm glad to hear how the story is ending so far.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
The Dude, I was just about to post that article from the local paper to update everyone. You beat me to it! :thumbup:

I thought there were a couple of interesting pieces of information in the article. None bigger than hearing the sheriff say he was surprised when he clocked some of the bikes on the road last weekend that he thought were speeding, and it turned out they weren't. It's nice to see a LEO finally realize that bikes can carry more speed through curves than a car or truck can (while still staying within the speed limit). That was rather refreshing!

The other nice tidbit of information...that a warrant has been issued for the idiot in the truck. The guy that shot the video posted on our local forum about all this and he hates that this has brought so much attention to one of our better motorcycling roads (in this area), but he hopes it's worth it in the end. He's a pretty laid back fellow and while I think he knows he's doing the right thing by pushing the issue with law enforcement, I think he's a little shy of the media attention it's getting (as evidenced at the end of the article where the paper says they couldn't contact the person who shot the video).

I'll pass along anything else I hear.

It is a breath of fresh air when a cop says motorcycle>car thru corners and that he admitted his judgement was wrong when he clocked them....good to know SOME cops out there have a good head on their shoulders....all the town cops around here are sooo corrupt and do what they want.

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit of an update...

One of our local news stations here in Lexington (20-30 miles from the scene of the video), FINALLY picked up the story today. If you want to see their piece, here's the link. Fast forward to about 6 minutes in.

http://www.lex18.com/videoplayer/?video_id=16267&categories=56

And they just ran the story again tonight at 11, but updated it with some new information.

"The driver of the truck, Gary Hudson, turned himself in to police this afternoon. He'll face charges of Wanton Endangerment."

Now, I think it's great this idiot is going to face some charges, but how about something a little more serious? Assault with a deadly weapon? Attempted murder? Yeah, maybe that's going a little far, but if he'd pushed the motorcyclist one more foot to the left, he very well could've killed him.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit of an update...

One of our local news stations here in Lexington (20-30 miles from the scene of the video), FINALLY picked up the story today. If you want to see their piece, here's the link. Fast forward to about 6 minutes in.

LEX 18 News At 6 - June 9, 2011

And they just ran the story again tonight at 11, but updated it with some new information.

"The driver of the truck, Gary Hudson, turned himself in to police this afternoon. He'll face charges of Wanton Endangerment."

Now, I think it's great this idiot is going to face some charges, but how about something a little more serious? Assault with a deadly weapon? Attempted murder? Yeah, maybe that's going a little far, but if he'd pushed the motorcyclist one more foot to the left, he very well could've killed him.

I agree, WTH is wanton endagerment??? i think he should get something more like attempted vehicular manslaughter (yeah my legal terms aren't great :BLAA:) attempted murder, and a helluva lot more charges than 1... reckless endangerment, reckless driving, crossing the double (multiple times) should also be pointed out some of these charges should have multiple counts as he put like 5 motorcyclists lives in danger....

Any idea who made the charges? Local PD?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon guys... errbody knows rubbin' is racin'

Cut the boy some slack. He done been drinkin' when this had happened. And those crotch rockets done offended his mama. Thems theres is some extenuatin' circumstances.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Courts should come down HARD on that PU driver; tell him that there's no way that he'll be awarded a "Kentucky Courteous Driver" certificate. NO EXCEPTIONS!

ebk02

Reaction score
Visit site
Now, I am sure this will bring the wrath of God down on me, but I need to put this out. I in no way condone the truck drivers actions, and I am sure it was somewhat alcohol induced. What he did is wrong, and should reap the just rewards for his actions.
But c'mon people, bikers bring a lot of disrespect upon themselves. I ride, and have for 43 years - and drive my car too....so I have seen it from both ends.
How many times have I seen bikers riding like fools, exhaust notes so loud that my windows rattled, cutting swerving lanes- with inches to spare - even at highway speeds , whipping through canyon roads like they own the road - even crossing the lines....
This type of riding is hazardous, results in accidents (and the consequential higher insurance rates we all pay), and to a great extent, this is what has so many drivers hateful of motorcyclists. The more "aggressive" riders that may fall into this category, need to stop so much of the disregard for other vehicles on the road and have more respect.
This will not stop the occasional ass**** from stupid actions, but may foster a better perception of riders as a whole.

S

Shamus McFeeley

Just had another genius on a bike wreck the other day:

News Link

It's a big problem around here. I'll bet he was in the military too with the proximity to the base, the time, and the boot next to the bike. I don't know when these guys around here will learn. Unfortunately there is just not enough of a responsible presence around here to foster a mature attitude about riding. People in Clarksville drive like maniacs anyway, but couple that with irresponsible riding and it is a disaster.