I want to replace my spark plugs

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming the engine is running right the other suspects are the adulterated fuel being doped with methonal but this is now year round in most places in the US.
Then brake drag, tire pressure, and general city driving.

But ya, even running at a constant 13.0:1 AFR I get 42'ish mpg, which although richer than OEM mixture is offset by the ignition advance giving more burn time in the chamber before being dumped.

Scott, you should grab one of those 4° advance trigger wheels. Everything to gain and nothing to loose.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming the engine is running right the other suspects are the adulterated fuel being doped with methonal but this is now year round in most places in the US.
Then brake drag, tire pressure, and general city driving.

But ya, even running at a constant 13.0:1 AFR I get 42'ish mpg, which although richer than OEM mixture is offset by the ignition advance giving more burn time in the chamber before being dumped.

Scott, you should grab one of those 4° advance trigger wheels. Everything to gain and nothing to loose.

Naw. it needs premium fuel and I don't run the bike that hard around here (too loud ((with the open pipes)) and too many Police) to use.

The highest speed limit around here is 50 MPH (short of the interstate), so winding out to the upper end of the RPM range doesn't happen often..

Bike runs GREAT, super smooth, just did a valve adjustment. Couldn't ask for more.. ;)