i thought red was the fastest, BUT...

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
hehe it's now black with red fender LOL, thanks to Jman for the tank cover. to those who have it, how do you get it to fit properly (near the top of the gas tank is still wrinkled a little)? and what do you do with the straps? right now i have it rolled together with black electrical tape but surely there's a cleaner way of doing it.

mods pending, pazzo levers, FE kits, LED signals. ohlins damper (maybe), ohlins shock & r6s forks :BLAA: i'm still thinking if i should paint it white with red stripes (yamaha retro style).

4155940127_8db681c1be.jpg

4156701386_c0fb525872.jpg

what do ya guys think? :D

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's shiny. I'm kinda liking the red fender but wanting to see just a touch of red somewhere on the rear of the bike to balance it out. Either that or paint/trim the front fender with some black to tone it down just a little. It's interesting, because I think if the front fender were totally black, well then you'd just have a black bike. Not that that's bad, just sayin'...

View attachment 23966

This is really quick and dirty, but sorta what I was thinkin'

Last edited:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
It's shiny. I'm kinda liking the red fender but wanting to see just a touch of red somewhere on the rear of the bike to balance it out. Either that or paint/trim the front fender with some black to tone it down just a little. It's interesting, because I think if the front fender were totally black, well then you'd just have a black bike. Not that that's bad, just sayin'...

View attachment 23966

This is really quick and dirty, but sorta what I was thinkin'

What he said. The rim stripes are a good start towards balancing, though. With a single large piece of red, it almost looks like a part replacement that didn't match the original color, but with a bit more red splashed throughout, it would look very cool.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the red, personally. Looks good with the black, too. :rockon:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a tip someone gave me when I first placed my tank bra, take it off, put it in a large bucket of nice hot water, leave it to soak for about 15 minutes, then put it on and firmly rub it into shape. worked like a charm for me.