I think I found the PERFECT frame sliders

If y'all are dead set on having the extended sliders I would replace the bolts with some grade 8 ones or something stronger and actually put a tq wrench on them instead of guessing how tight they should be. Doing those things should reduce the chances of the the sliders cracking or breaking the frame in a spill, but with the extended sliders IMHO your taking a big chance trying to protect your plastics

I just received a set of motivation sliders for christmas. Have a couple of friends that have them on a Monster 1100S and an SV650. THey have all been happy with them, but have not tested them. These look to be a top quality slider, and should provide excellent protection in the event of a fall.

If y'all are dead set on having the extended sliders I would replace the bolts with some grade 8 ones or something stronger and actually put a tq wrench on them instead of guessing how tight they should be. Doing those things should reduce the chances of the the sliders cracking or breaking the frame in a spill, but with the extended sliders IMHO your taking a big chance trying to protect your plastics

I have a few torque wrenches inch/foot and one for bike spokes, been working on cars and bike all my life....

I have a few torque wrenches inch/foot and one for bike spokes, been working on cars and bike all my life....

I'm not suggesting that you don't know how to install the sliders but with the extended sliders, it seems that they almost always break off and break the frame with it due to the extra leverage that the length provides vs the regular length sliders like the motivations that 2^ just got. So basicly it's in your best interest if you you stay with the extended sliders to take every step possible to try to prevent it from totaling your bike because of a frame crack

I took no offence, I just think this is the way to go. At the end of the day I hope no one has to rely on sliders, but my motto has always been dress for the crash.

The standard length ones worked great for me. Over 1/3 of the length was ground off, but they saved the frame. I still haven't replaced them though.

crash1.jpg

The standard length ones worked great for me. Over 1/3 of the length was ground off, but they saved the frame. I still haven't replaced them though.

crash1.jpg

While always sad to see someone's bike messed up, I love this picture because of the face you drew on the purolator filter :)

Glad the sliders did their job.

Scorp

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Back