I need a glove recommendation please!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe he ended up getting Cortech Adrenaline 2 gloves. I tried them on and they did feel superbly comfortable.

Indeed. These are the gloves I picked up. They've been great to me, and are sincerely the best out-of-the-box glove I've ever tried on. They came recommended to me from a guy who worked at Washington Cycle Works in Washington, NJ.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its interesting here in OZ we are pretty limited to *Stats, Dainese, Moto Dry and RJays some place stock some "5" and then Motorad, which I have found to be a little pricey but they seem to last pretty well,
I am jealous of the range the folk in the 'States seem to be able to access at places like REVZILLA.

I have never seen Held or Cortech gloves, but maybe I need to go further afield than my local few bike shops, in the meantime the BMW store does stock gear that I like apart from the $ outlay (at the time)

Last edited:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone that wants to check them out:

Cortech Adrenaline 2 Gloves - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

I have no idea what that one reviewer is talking about. These things feel buttery soft and have a great deal of protection in them. I was lucky enough to get to try them on in a store, otherwise I would have never known about them.

For anyone else who had to deal with my similar pain of having long skinny fingers, at the same shop I also tried on a GREAT pair of Taichi gloves, but wound up going with the Cortechs just due to the fact that they were all black. The Taichis were all white.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed. These are the gloves I picked up. They've been great to me, and are sincerely the best out-of-the-box glove I've ever tried on. They came recommended to me from a guy who worked at Washington Cycle Works in Washington, NJ.

I checked them out...good looking gloves! Do the plastic pads on the heel of the palm affect holding the grip?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want the best gloves ever made, get the Motoport Kevlar Racing Gloves. I am going on my second set after five years of good use. I have been told that I am the first rider to wear out their gloves.

They require you to submit a drawing of your hand print to make sure that your gloves size matches your hand. Not sure what they would do if it doesn't, I guess make one that fits.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want the best gloves ever made, get the Motoport Kevlar Racing Gloves. I am going on my second set after five years of good use. I have been told that I am the first rider to wear out their gloves.

They require you to submit a drawing of your hand print to make sure that your gloves size matches your hand. Not sure what they would do if it doesn't, I guess make one that fits.

Dude, I swear you're a sales rep for this company... :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

No, I'm pretty sure they'll ask you to modify your hands :BLAA:

I'd love to see these in person. My Summer gloves are still in pretty good shape, but they're not great for long days in the saddle.. internal seams dig into the hands after a while :(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, I swear you're a sales rep for this company... :BLAA:

LOL....no not really, but if you wan't an opinion based on the wear and tear alone from a rider who rides everyday of the year, which a half a dozen brand of gloves couldn't even last six months, that's what I'm providing. Add the fact that Kevlar has 10 times more abrasion strength than leather and you can wash it as many times as you like by throwing it in the washing machine without compromising it's strength, something you cannot due with leather. Being that I was riding in Vegas, my hands get pretty dirty and sweaty, it was important to find a glove that you could wash.

Plus they have a guarantee that if you crash, and their glove is damaged in the process and they cannot repair it, they will replace it for free.

but they're not great for long days in the saddle.. internal seams dig into the hands after a while :(

I believe the seams on the Motoport Gloves are external for that exact reason.

I'm sold on Kevlar. Just like a golfer sold on titanium drivers versus using wood drivers. Or aluminum baseball bats versus wood. But for some reason, Motoport has the exclusive right to be able to use 100% Kevlar on all of their gear, other manufactuers are only able to use portions of Kevlar or certain sections of the gear.

Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I may be way off here but I was Army Infantry for 8 years (black boot days) and we ALWAYS soaked the boots in water and then did a 10 miler in them to break em' in. Sometimes, a few 10 milers. Still do it with the stupid tan boots. They fit like they were made for you afterwards. I never had any real issues with the leather breaking down but they aren't made the same as gloves either. I wouldn't be too worried about "good" leather getting jacked up by a little water. Now, a $20 set of gloves would be suspect to begin with but I'm biased.

Same goes for a lot of leather gloves I've owned. Soak em', beat the hell outta em', and they fit like a champ.

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Weise Pacific Gloves have been my choice over the winter riding.
They have a thermal lining, but not a super thick one like some gloves so you can actually still your clutch and brake levers. They link up with heated grips nicely too letting the heat in quicker than other winter gloves.

Completly waterproof like everything Weise make, although the waterproof liner is inside the leather so they do get heavy when wet.

In the market for a pair of summer gloves now I've saw a hint of sunshine - thinking of some Knox Handroids for the cool cyborg hands look.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my self a pair of Held Phantom 's for $200. I loved these gloves but had an issue with the sizing, the fingers were too long for me, with discussions from a few fellow riders it was evident that for most the fingers were a bit longer and had to be fixed.
I ended up returning these just because of this and picked up Knox Handroid. Oh man o man what a glove. amazing fit, super comfortable, quality and protection is everywhere and it looks super sexy too.
I also have a pair of High Velocity gear Exhibition pros that I used for the street all of last year, still have these. Very high quality gloves for half the price and made right here in the good ol USA. It is a small business but is run well.
Good luck