I had an accident with My little SIS

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Moses,

Wow.....just now read this. I am glad you are up and able to post. Best wishes for your sis. You will analyze this forever and it will help build your riding skills. Get well and hope you are riding again as soon you are ready.

Randy

Last edited:

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
the tone of your post shows that you care a lot about your sister. Glad to see that in the end it turned out to be not that bad.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this Moe, to a speedy recovery to you and your sis, and your FZ!

Never like to hear riders going down, but two up is even worse.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're both mostly OK and escaped without serious injuries!

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I need some help on how to remove the bandage they put on you when you have road rash, its for her, its kind of like on the hip/butt about the size of a a medium hand, we cant get it off her, its really stuck on there. what can we do ? any ideas. The built pants mesh pants didn't do much help for her. neither did my frank Thomas jacket it help for impact but not for the road rash. The white scorpion jacket did a great Job no road rash there

I Honestly would not recommend Bilt or Frank Thomas
here is the gear aftermath pics, the pants are in the garbage cuz they ripped them up to get to her wounds.

View attachment 38019

View attachment 38020

View attachment 38021

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Moses,
After I had a skin graft taken from my thigh area after an accident the bandage was stuck like glue when I got home from the hospital. The best thing I did was have my wife soak the bandage with distilled water and a sterile sponge/gauze to loosen the dried exposed area. Nonetheless, it was very painful pulling it off. Go slowly and be very sympathetic. Hope this helps..

John

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Well at least you both survived to see another day. And your sense of (i'm not sure the correct word to use here) regret, concern, and responsibility for what happened makes me feel like you aren't a mindless squid. It makes me curious to know the conditions of the accident and whether it was your fault, but I don't want to pry.

The important thing is that your sister and you, and anybody else involved, is alright. Next most important issue - how's the bike after a high side? But I guess my question here is, whether or not it was your fault, did you learn anything from this/are you and your sister scared away from riding now?

I'm sorry to hear bout this, but on the bright side here, at least you're both alright, and assuming insurance covers this - you'll be looking at a new ride in no time!

Fz8? next time around?

Last edited:

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you imagine what you and Sis's skin would have looked like without the gear? I have seen so many girls on a pillion in thin shirts, short short and sandles on sport bikes here in Socal lately. I am so glad you took precautions when so many other young riders dont.

I agree with you that the Cycle Gear brands, BiLT and Frank Thomas are not well made. They had produced Motoboss, Frank Thomas and well as their new brands BiLTand Sedici. I have purchased all four brands over the past two years each one of them have failed in one way or the other and it was just under normal use.

Of course they have a lifetime gaurantee and will replace them but who's life??????

Motoboss mesh pants :busted zipper and ripped seam
Frank Thomas gloves: ripped velcro strap
BiLT Leather pants: ripped stiching on expansion panel on calfs
Sedici leather jacke: busted zipper

I do not know why I continue to by their ****. No more

Last edited:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I talked to my INS today and they will follow up with the other driver to see if he has INS or what. I should get a call tomorrow regarding that. But i wanted to ask you if guys if its a good idea to obtain an attorney? my older sister keeps telling me that i should but i am not sure, what's really the point in that ?.
Here are some pics of my road rash, i don't think they are very big, but big enough to cause discomfort at night.

View attachment 38038

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, its hard to say without the whole story. I would say, if you feel like there was a potential of being sued or some type of wrongful action taken somewhere, then yes. My 2 cents.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you had this happen with the two of you. Hope you are both OK!

Attorney? Who is planning on taking you to court?

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear about your accident. I'm in Modesto, so I know hwy132 very well. It's almost all fast sweepers, so having an accident and coming out relatively ok is outstanding. It could have been so much worse. I am curious about the gear you both were wearing. I saw the pics, but I'm unsure of who had what on. I look forward to all the details of the accident when or if you can share. I have access to a ramp and plenty of tie-downs if you need any help to pick up the bike. Just PM me for my contact info.

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
make sure to let that wound be looked at by a doctor, 3rd degree burns (the black parts) can cause a lot of problems later on ...