I came across these videos and ... crazy driving

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a few close-ish encounters myself. And since this is my first ever season riding, they were a bit scary (even though I took the right course of action and have never been in a really dangerous situation).

The best thing I can recommend for bikers of all experience levels is to drive defensively. Ride like you're completely invisible, stay out of blind spots, and sometimes faster than the rest of the traffic is better. If you're leading the pack, no idiots will change lanes into you.

blackONblack

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a few close-ish encounters myself. And since this is my first ever season riding, they were a bit scary (even though I took the right course of action and have never been in a really dangerous situation).

The best thing I can recommend for bikers of all experience levels is to drive defensively. Ride like you're completely invisible, stay out of blind spots, and sometimes faster than the rest of the traffic is better. If you're leading the pack, no idiots will change lanes into you.

I agree on riding defensively, but I don't agree on the speed part. In many denser areas with lots of traffic there is no way to always be at the head of the pack. I've had this discussion on this board before, but I stand firm in my position that using speed is not always an advantage. Even this board, which I view as having relatively mature members, tends to support the idea that somehow riding fast and provocatively is somehow safer in many situations. This is never based on any sort of statistical/scientific support but rather "I've been riding/racing for 30 years and this is what I think" type of anecdotal support.