Hyperpro Lowering Springs Installed!

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my bike back from my mechanic. I had the Hyperpro 30mm lower springs installed. Mechanic said the hardest parts of the install were compressing the rear spring to get it on and putting the oil in the forks. Apparently the hole where you pour the oil in is pretty small. The install instructions say you should lower the forks in the t-clamp 5mm as well. He did that but it felt better after lowering it another 3mm.

It's about 20 deg F outside so I won't be able to ride the bike yet :(, but just sitting on it my garage is great. My feet are securely flat on the ground and moving it around while sitting on it is much easier now. I hope the ride is just as good as before. I'll post a follow-up after I get some road time in. But so far I'm very pleased with the shorter height of the bike.

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, raise the forks in the t-clamp.

What would you like to see a picture of notjohndavid?

It got above freezing today so I went for a quick spin. I can't say that the bike handles any better or worse than before, but I definitely can say I feel more confident and more in control. I'm 5'8" and have a 30" inseam and while I was comfortable on the bike before I'm absolutely thrilled with it now. Before I could get the balls of both feet down but now I'm easily flat-footed at a stop.

Overall I think this was a worthwhile mod for me. Now the next big decision: Pazzo or ASV levers??? :confused:

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you'll post an update on this.
I'm really debating this route, or just putting some better springs in the
front. I'm not really as concerned about cornering clearance as I am
about how it leans on the kickstand. Is yours a leaning a lot less now,
like dangerously so that if you look at it it's going to tip over because it's
almost standing vertically (instead of leaning far enough)?

I'm also interested how it improves the ride/handling.
I'm only 5' 6" and about 130lbs. before any helmets, jackets & such.
I have the rear preload on 4, and I'm tip toed. It's a bit awkward.
Even the rear shock on 2, it wasn't much different.

- T.