HVMP bar ends (HEAVY!) review

Yup, I'd go for the heavier ones.
Totally agree. With as buzzy as the FZ6 motor is, you want all the weight you can get to absorb the vibes. I love the bar ends I got last fall during the group buy. Pretty sure there are less vibes with these heavy bar ends than with the grip puppies on (which I've now removed) and heavily padded gloves.

Looks I'm a year too late, but they have 2 weights now: 11.5 and 15.5, I assume I should get the later?

Thanks!

Actually I'm pretty sure they only got the one size, and it's around 17oz. They really haven't updated their webpage, it's a little confusing. It shows the Heavy as $52 and Extra Heavy as $54 on top, but when you scroll down a little it's $72.

Just make sure you email or talk to someone to make sure you're getting the one for FZ6. Expect to pay $72 + shipping.

Busy and didn't order yet, so before I do, no one has complained they weigh down steering? I'd think an extra pound on each side would have serious affects, no? :confused:

Busy and didn't order yet, so before I do, no one has complained they weigh down steering? I'd think an extra pound on each side would have serious affects, no? :confused:

It's not an extra pound on each end. It's less than a pound combined for the setup if you're switching from stock. I felt no ill effects when I added these.. and I started with no bar ends at all (aftermarket alu bar). Only thing I felt was a whole lot less vibration :thumbup:

interesting....great reviews.
was looking at rizoma bar ends for replacing stock, but decided against them due to their light weight.
Anyone with any experience combining HVMPs with rizoma lux grips? Even a pic maybe? (I've fallen seriously in love with those grips, lol) :)

thx guys.

count me in

but a bit late, oh well
I'll contact direct and see how we go

Last edited:
Hi all,
after reading many of the reviews and some good pics from a banned poster, I decided to take the leap and get some of the HVMP bar ends.
Nice surprise waiting on my desk when I got in to work to this morning. They should get fitted tonight.:thumbup:
They are a really nicely finished stainless steel, heavy , very heavy
let you know my thoughts in a day or two

They should get fitted tonight.:thumbup:
They are a really nicely finished stainless steel, heavy , very heavy
let you know my thoughts in a day or two

oooh they are very nice.

I knew I had a bottle of Loctite somewhere in the garage, its been in my toolbox for years, but could I find it... not a chance. So I ummed and ahhed for about 5 minutes then thought if I nip them up nice and tight so you cant undo them by hand, they'll be right til the w/end.
Been meaning to pull the bars back a cm as well so did the lot.
I really was quite surprised at how much buzz they take out of the bars.
I reckon at 100-120 on the h/way it'll still be there but down by at least 50-60% and they look real nice. That stainless is very pretty.....just have to get used to being an inch wider on both sides now!

Callled them up on phone and had a couple questions about bar ends and these people couldnt be nicer! Ordered a pair on the spot. They cant come soon enough. Great find. :D

I absolutely love the look of my Rizoma bar ends (and grips) but they are not heavy enough. I need to look at some heavier ones, but then again, I'm a sucker for bling :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to get them powder coated too before I put them on...

I noticed that you are not using the stock bar, or fz1 bar, did you make sure that out would fit your bar before ordering? The bar ends I have were made for stock bar and for the fz1 bar, not after market bars.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

i hope no one bans me for pointing out how surprisingly expensive these are for bar ends... :rolleyes:

They might be expensive but they are worth it. Kind of like worth their weight in gold! :D
The next time I feel that I am close to dropping the bike I might go "Noooo not my bar ends!!!!!"

I noticed that you are not using the stock bar, or fz1 bar, did you make sure that out would fit your bar before ordering? The bar ends I have were made for stock bar and for the fz1 bar, not after market bars.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Marthy.. hope you got the right ones (the ones you want are for Suzuki bikes!)

I had that setup on Renthal bar. Take a look here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18575-renthal-handlebar-hvmp-bar-ends-oury-grips.html

and here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...-weights-aftermarket-aluminum-handlebars.html

I must admit that I have absolutely NO Vibration problems through the bars on my bike with Bridgestone BT-023s, stock forks, bars and bar-ends. Is it common to get bad vibes on a stock setup? :confused:

I must admit that I have absolutely NO Vibration problems through the bars on my bike with Bridgestone BT-023s, stock forks, bars and bar-ends. Is it common to get bad vibes on a stock setup? :confused:

Very common. Not a tire issue.. buzzy engine issue.

Back