Husqvarna's going into the street business!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden a couple Husq-y dirtbikes and they've been fun... looking forward to see what there street division does :thumbup:

h900_h1.jpg

Looks like they're going to use BMW tech in it....900 cc parallel twin engine speculated to produce upwards of 100 hp. Can't wait to see one in person

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
So it's lightweight, powerful, exotic looking, has great suspension components, and is made by a European manufacturer... great, let's file this with all the awesome bikes I can't afford.

This is the new high performance Husqvarna twin we have been waiting to see. Although these are official photos, Husqvarna has revealed only a few specifications. According to Husky, the Nuda 900R displaces 900cc and will make “more than” 100 hp and 73 foot/pounds of torque. The bike will weigh “less than 385 pounds”. The front fork is a huge 48mm Sachs, fully adjustable for compression, rebound and spring preload. The shock is a top drawer Ohlins featuring all of the same adjustments.

The bike gets superbike-class brakes in the form of radially-mounted, four-piston monoblock Brembos. Apparently, Husqvarna is trying to get this bike into dealerships before the end of this year. It looks like more details will be revealed in a couple of days.

Husqvarna Unveils New Parallel Twin: Nuda 900R « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

070111middle3-730x528.jpg

070111top-i-730x480.jpg

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
That one as cool as it look can't be the finished product just yet. I'd say 95% done. Still missing any place to put the license plate and no signal lights.

As awesome as it looks (to some) I just can't see myself riding it. It will probably have a high seat height like their big supermoto so I won't fit. Plus that front fender is just ugly...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
pretty cool bike, I love the figher/super tard bikes, seem so simplistic and raw. that husky will never live up to the superduke though IMO

attachment.php

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually got a Husqvarna license from 4th grade (around 10 years old in Danish Schools)... Sewing machine! :D
I bet my mom still has that little piece of cardboard in a box somewhere...

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I actually got a Husqvarna license from 4th grade (around 10 years old in Danish Schools)... Sewing machine! :D
I bet my mom still has that little piece of cardboard it in a box somewhere...

We had Husky sewing machines in my middle school. We use to sit on them and make motocross sounds.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
You have to wonder.... if Husky can retune that motor to such a level; why hasn't BMW?

I'd guess that an 800cc bored out to 900cc is always slightly less reliable in the long run. And if they beefed up their 800cc it might get to close to their bigger bikes.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
great effort for sure and i think its a very good bike but i dont like how it looks.. (it does not give the feeling of love at first sight that mv's and ducatis give)

well more choice for sure for those who can afford such cool bikes!