How will you spend your Tax Return?

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
I am getting a good bit back so I am working in a list of a few things i would like to do to my baby.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Tax return is the home-improvement budget, but the next improvement to the bike: TS seat. Gearing up for a long ride vacation this summer, seat is critical (after a few hours my tailbone spasms...I never knew it could until the night after few hours in the stock saddle).

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I always pay my truck, car and motorcycle insurance off for the year. but I do want another seat. After a couple of hours in the stock seat the breaks get more frequent and longer.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I got $19.34 back. I'm buying myself a drink this weekend. I'll possibly pay a portion of my parking meter bill too.

Decisions, decisions ...

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I got myself a dark smoke visor for the Shoei and a K&N Oil Filter for the oil change coming soon! Woo. Now I need to scour the oil thread and figure out what oil to use. Stuck to stock so far, but I am ready to do something different!

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
New helmet, probably a Shoei RF-1100. I'm getting the pinlock visors for it. Probably getting the Sena bluetooth comunicator thing. Looking into projectors for the headlights. Maybe look into some kind of underglow lighting, but the two colors I'd actually want, you can't have in FL (blue or red). I already got new tires. I'm considering convertibars, but I'm not sure I want to pay that much and the CBR1100XX requires you to lower the triple clamp a little over an inch and i'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. So, I might just keep the bars I have and chop them down a bit.

My wife is getting dishes and other kitchen related stuff. That's what she wanted. :rolleyes:

The rest, about $5k, is going to some kind of investment or savings deal. Trying to save for a house. Most all of what I get when I sell my truck is going towards that as well.

Incedentally, anyone want a '03 F-150 XLT 5.4L Supercrew, with stepside bed, full towing controller setup, and 137k miles? $6800 book.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New cowling, PUIG windshield, HID kit, givi E21 sidecases, Stebel horn, ATC9K video camera, and saving some for tires in a month or so (don't want to "break in" tires in the current road conditions, after reading reviews)

This is all great until you realize that it was your money to begin with :spank:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah...being single and making little money does pay off this time of year! :rolleyes:

I've had my tax refund for about 2 months now (I e-file every year in early February). I've paid down a couple of credit cards and soon I'll be paying my car off. I've also bought a couple pieces of gear...I needed a light-duty textile jacket for commuting and couldn't pass up the Joe Rocket Atomic 3.0 for $60 on MotorcycleGear.com. I also picked up a VERY lightly used Arai RX-7 Corsair on eBay for $190 (I've always wanted one after trying one on and feeling how perfectly it fit!). Oh, and a new pair of backup gloves from STG.

I'm still contemplating picking up a Givi E45NJ topcase to replace my V46 that I stupidly sold a couple of years ago (I've still got the topcase rack, so I just need the case).

After all of that, I've still managed to pad my savings account pretty good, so I'm very happy about that!

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright I have y'all beat. I am spending my tax refund on paying for my medical bills and deductible and increase in insurance from my accident on the ol' steed :(