How to reach the battery

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Well now I have another question :Flash:
I am going to install my GPS and a quick ctek charger contact today on my bike.
The question I have is, do I have to mount of the hole tank or could I just loosen the bolt in front of the tank and flip it up todo the job I want?
Tried to search the forum for this but I could not find anything.

Mynzeyes

Reaction score
Visit site
There are 2 hex bolts at the front of the tank that you can undo to flip the tank back. Just use a bungee to secure the tank upright, as it will not flip all the way back, and will also not stay upright on its own.

Also keep in mind that the seat needs to come off before the tank will be able to be flipped back. :).

Hope this helps.

-John-

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you just lift the tank on the S2 with the fairing on? On my 2004 I had to undo the two front bolts and the rear bolt, lift the rear and slide it backwards to clear the fairing, lift the front then replace the rear bolt and prop up the tank.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
I think that I have to take of the two small fairings to be able to lift the tank up in the front. But these two is already of since I installed my Xenon light. Otherwise they are not so hard to get off.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that I have to take of the two small fairings to be able to lift the tank up in the front. But these two is already of since I installed my Xenon light. Otherwise they are not so hard to get off.

On my 2007 I have to remove the 2 small inner fairing pieces to lift the tank, just make sure your petrol tank is not full, as this can cause leakage/spillage.

tyler2011

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only remove the fairing pieces if I have more than half a tank of fuel. Otherwise I find it easier to remove all three mounting bolts on the tank, slide it back and above the fairing but you have to be careful of the fuel line. I put a buffer rag between the front of the tank and the fairing to protect the paint. Then I slide the rear pivot pin in and prop the tank like everyone else. I have an 05 fz6.

keith w

Reaction score
Visit site
I have done this several times. I recommend removing the inner fairings which are held on with 2 hex bolts each. The inner fairings can be removed in less than 5 minutes total. Another 5 to put back on. Then you can remove the 2 bolts at front of tank and tilt it back. I use a piece of 2x4 about 18 inches long to keep it propped up while I'm working. Removing the inner fairing is easier if you pull outward on the fairing where the lower hex bolt is located and slide the inner fairing back . Hope this helps.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Now I have done my modifications regarding the battery. I installed my ctek and gps charger without any problems. It was quite easy once you know how to do it :D
On friday I will change the oil and filter and install new NGK iridium spark plugs :Flash:

B9B

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought there was an extension cable so you don't have to unscrew the tank every time you want to reach the battery or recharge it. Does anyone know what kind of cable this is and where do you connect it on the battery? I have an Optimate 3 recharger.

Thanks

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
My battery tender came with the harness that you attach directly to the battery and just tuck neatly away on the bike some place and leave it there until you need it. Has a rubber cap on the end to keep water/debris out.