how to drain the radiator & put water wetter mix

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i think defyinertia would help me out on this but whoever answers first its fine to me :D

i want to replace my radiator antifreezed water with the waterwetter mix,,i dont know where to start,,where exactly is the drain to drain all the liquid out and put water wetter+water mix....and how much water wetter should i use? should i put the whole bottle in?
whats the procedure doing it? i dont want to screw this up since overheating is a very important issue...all the help appreciated.thx in advance :)

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
see where the coolant hose goes to under the clutch cover, the drain plug is around the bottom center of that cover. take the radiator cap off after u take the plug out. the bottle of WW will have directions on the mix. u will have coolant still left if you dont do a cycle flush. use distlled water.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
thank you ped and defy,,,no i will probably do it in april , i am just too excited and i keep planning on my head what im gonna do to the bike as soon as the weather gets better :) so pardon my questions :Flash:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
yes i am planning to attend track days for the first time this year,,it looks so much fun,,,,unfortunately the closest track here is 3 hrs away,,,i still dont know if i should ride there or buy a cheap pickup or a trailer maybe...
of course i have to buy a suit and boots...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
read this

TrackDays

I wouldn't ride there but if you do, go there the night before and camp at the track if possible.

+1 on the not riding there, i live 20 mins from the track so i do ride, but if i was much further i would trailer... The track kicks my butt and i am beat by the end of the day, also should anything bad happen it would be a pain to be stuck 3 hours away

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah not good to ride that far...for alot of reasons. perhps find someone who will haul for you and split the gas bill. surely theres someone willing.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have done this recently as well as the rest of the servicing. We will start to ride again on 1st March, god and weather permitting. It is nice to get these jobs out of the way early just in case there are any problems.

Just one point on the radiator cap.

It is secured on with a bracket and screw. Try and remember which way the bracket goes when you take it off. It was new to me I had not seen it before.

Steve