how to do 100+ wheelie's

roadryder08

Reaction score
Visit site
See I had a 03 R6 limited aftermarket exust all my friends had 600rr's.
my bike had a lot of torque so I would start in 2nd get high R's stand up chop the throttle and then pin it the bike stands right up. Then you get to about 12 oclock and hit 3rd you are already doing over 100 at the top of second. And then ride 3rd until rev limiter hit and your front tire comes down nice and easy minus the front tire bark :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my bike had a lot of torque so I would start in 2nd get high R's stand up chop the throttle and then pin it the bike stands right up. Then you get to about 12 oclock and hit 3rd you are already doing over 100 at the top of second. And then ride 3rd until rev limiter hit and your front tire comes down nice and easy minus the front tire bark :rockon:
Have you tried it on the FZ6?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So as soon as the front tire comes up grab the front brake as hard as possible until it comes down?

JK, DO NOT DO THAT!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had some success using JamesFZ6 method. He uses a first gear speed of 5000rpm then closes and snaps the throttle. One of the things James really helped me with was transfering my weight backwards.
Im still not an expert and intened to go to a wheelie school in the spring / summer.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you a Wheelie master mate?

More like an organ donor;) (I am refering to the thread starter). Although this might be great fun on the track, it's just real stupid on the street. Everyones insurance is high enough... we don't need another young dude throwing his life away on a reckless stunt. Slow down, so you can ride until you're old and grey.

Last edited:

roadryder08

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to many speeding and exabition of speed tickets so i have slowed it down now but because i have a little girl now but at one time i considered my self a wheelie master

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i will never be a wheelie master, i might become able to do wheelies at some point but i would not advertise my exploits beyond that.

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
use the clutch

just start off in first around 4-5K revs. pull in the clutch with one finger and rev it to around 9ish and release the clutch while staying on the gas. its honestly smooth as butter, ive tried the bounce the suspension way and its sketchy, a lot more dangerous i think. and its just my 2 cents but there is no reason to wheelie at more than 100MPH. its just asking for trouble.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just start off in first around 4-5K revs. pull in the clutch with one finger and rev it to around 9ish and release the clutch while staying on the gas. its honestly smooth as butter, ive tried the bounce the suspension way and its sketchy, a lot more dangerous i think. and its just my 2 cents but there is no reason to wheelie at more than 100MPH. its just asking for trouble.

I just want to be able to do something for the little kids that wave at stoplights.

I may be a contradicting myself but i hate it when grown people make the "do a wheelie" wave because if they want to do it they can get one for themselves and do it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did try that method a couple of times, I still haven't broken my fear so my co-ordination is all over the place. The last one I did I nearly flipped it. Fortunately I had the rear brake covered. Are you just bliping the clutch or a full on pull in and dump? I don't doubt this method, lots of people use it. The Guy (Dave) on Supabikes you-tube also advoctes this method. Unfortunately the bike he is on for the roll on wheelie is a sports bike and it just raises nice and sweet under power. My FZ6 will get the front up under power but only just and for a few seconds before the limiter kicks in. Still is all about practice.

Neil

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
More like an organ donor;) (I am refering to the thread starter). Although this might be great fun on the track, it's just real stupid on the street. Everyones insurance is high enough... we don't need another young dude throwing his life away on a reckless stunt. Slow down, so you can ride until you're old and grey.

Nice use of the smiley :D Most tracks will yank you for anything but power wheelies so I'm not really sure where a 100+MPH wheelie would be acceptable let alone "safe" but maybe sportrider_fz6 knows some good open stretches of asphalt :D ha ha

+1 This takes more practice but is definitly the method to strive for. Keep in mind, revs are important but throttle is paramount...you can rev to 14K with 1/4 throttle but you won't wheelie unless you're twisting at least 1/2 or 3/4.

i would imagine the stock rev limiter, it stops you from going over the redline RPM Range

Unless you're downshifting, then it's worthless...*cringe*
________
Sick From Nexium

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't the guy pick a better stretch of road to do his trick? Might have been able to save his bike if he did.