Votes: 21 9.0%
  • more than 6'6"

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

taco

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of you are between 6`1" and 6`3"

At 5`9" no wonder I have trouble reaching the floor on my bike.

I am trying the Yamaha lower seat next week.

Steve

I'm 5'9" and have no trouble with touching the ground. I guess it's all relative with me coming to the street from mx bikes which my last one had a 38" seat height the fz seems comfortable at 31". I don't have to pick which side I want to lean to and which foot to put down. I can very comfortably put both feet down at a stop.

H

HavBlue

...we could stroll into a Harley club and scare everyone! And throw rice at them! :D :D :D

(disclaimer: I have nothing against Harleys or them that ride em!

One problem, them folks are often 6' wide too. While they often make great targets if they ever catch us we're toast.

CGameProgrammer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'6 with a 30" inseam, and I am considering a FZ6 (coming from a Ninja 650R). Is there anyone else here equally short, and if so, what do you think of the FZ6? I'm basically deciding between it and the SV650 but the FZ6 is more upright and has wind protection. It's heavier and taller though.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'6 with a 30" inseam, and I am considering a FZ6 (coming from a Ninja 650R). Is there anyone else here equally short, and if so, what do you think of the FZ6? I'm basically deciding between it and the SV650 but the FZ6 is more upright and has wind protection. It's heavier and taller though.

I am also 5'6" but with a 31" inseam. I have no trouble flat-footing my SV, but I did notice that the hubby's FZ is a little tougher, solid on the balls of the foot. I think it has more to do with the width of the bike, though, as they seem similar in height when next to each other. Width has a lot to do with how well I touch on a bike, as the wider bikes don't allow for that straight-down-ness that makes your legs feel longer and the bike shorter.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
6' 2", my mom is 5'9" and my dad is 5'6" my grandma 5'2" its nice to have your parents look up at you LOL!

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
5'8" but still hoping for a few more inches.. I don't think its going to happen at this point.

H

HavBlue

I can't believe I'm the only one over 6'6".....there's got to be at least one more freak-o-nature on here.

I'm the shrimp at 6'2". My brothers are 6'6" and 6'8". They both weigh in over 250. The smaller of the two rides a ZRex....

Dukeyp123

Reaction score
Visit site
hey everyone im 6'4"... i can see theres a few others who are taller than me (thank god) i was just wondering does anyone think im too tall for aa FZ6? im looking to get one this summer as soon as i pass my bike test..

Bad idea?

p.s im only going to have the bike as a project and leisure riding in the summer and track days. no commuting!

Hank the Tank

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6 ' 7'' and 3/4 tall, any taller and i'd bang my head walking thru doorways.
Now that I think about it i'm beginning to bald maybe its because of the close proximity of my scalp to doors. :p

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
Im 6' on the dot, I felt the FZ was a little small for me at first I was going to buy a Vstrom but settled on the FZ, much better engine. Im getting used to it, but I do like me the tall bikes.

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
now I don't get this, I go to pick up my Cap and Gown for my graduation. I tell the girl Im 6' so she can give me the appropriate size. She looks at me, tells me "you're 5.11" and gives me a different gown. First off I don't know how she can tell by just having me wear a gown, then second when I got home and put the other gown on, it fit exactly the same as the other one! Now I gotta go to the doctor to see if Im truly 6 feet!

catchm3fz

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife is about 5ft tall and she wants to get a bike eventually. What type of bike could she get or can you really lower the FZ6?
Ive got the front end lower but the rear isnt height adjustable only ride.