Votes: 65 27.8%
  • 6'4"-6'6"

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • more than 6'6"

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
H

HavBlue

My wife is about 5ft tall and she wants to get a bike eventually. What type of bike could she get or can you really lower the FZ6?
Ive got the front end lower but the rear isn't height adjustable only ride.

I know a guy who is 5'4" and rides a Buell XB9 that has a seat as tall as ours. I have another friend with an open class 540KTM back in California and the seat height is 37". He is 5'9" tall. Lowering a bike is never a good idea because it changes the geometry and handling. Rather, riders learn to ride the taller bikes while butt sliding. Aside from this they are now making some bikes with short people in mind and their seat heights are down in the 25-26" range but they are often cruisers.

wheelwatcher

Reaction score
Visit site
It would be usefull to also know a person's inseam. Two 6 foot riders may fit completely differently on the same motorcycle depending on their respective inseams and torso lengths. One might be comfortable and the other might not be.

Lierre

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 166 cm, which should be approximately 5,4 if I calculated correctly.

A lower saddle sounds interesting! I have been searching lots of web pages looking for this, but haven't found anything interesting. If you've got any links...

My toes reach down, but not having ridden a bike for two years it feels a bit insecure.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife is about 5ft tall and she wants to get a bike eventually. What type of bike could she get or can you really lower the FZ6?
Ive got the front end lower but the rear isnt height adjustable only ride.
When i was riding with a buddy yesterday we saw a tiiiiiny girl on a R1, she passed us on the freeway full throttle then waved goodbye to us...lol. But she could not have been much taller than 5ft, we dunno how she was able to manage that (seat pretty high on a R1 i think!)...