Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 60 or above

Votes: 27 5.3%

• Total voters

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
26...First bike was a '92 Nighthawk 750. Got my '07 FZ just to be a little different, plus its alot more comfortable on long rides. Pretty stoked about future mods ( -1/+2 sproket change, hyperpro lowering springs, yamaha full fairing kit)

jeffanitam

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm an old fart! I will be 63 this month. I own a Goldwing, a Heritage Softail, and just bought a fz6 after I came back form a 1200 mile tour on a cbf600 through Italy and Sicily. The Honda was the first sport bike I had ever ridden although I live near the Dragon and ride it regularly on both of my other bikes.
The Goldwing handles the curves and the Harley drags the floor boards. I explained to my wife that 2 motorcycles didn't seem like enough and 4 four was just too many, she humors me a lot. The weather has been wet and cold and I have only ridden the Dragon on the fz6 up to the overlook twice. I'm looking forward to better weather and more riding.
I've ridden across country twice, once alone, Canada, and Key West, Daytona,and Sturgis.
I think I still have quite a few miles left in me. So if you see an Old Fart on the road on a Fz6 it might be me and try to show a little respect for the miles traveled and the miles yet to be ridden. Ride safe. Jeff

s

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
Im 38...Ive been ridding for 11 years...bought the FZ6 to go along with my Warrior, missed having a light weight bike that you could zig on, and was comfy. Sold the Warrior, now looking at getting a Raider or V-Rod, but the FZ6 stays, unless Yamaha brings the FZ8 out...lolololol...

FizWhiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Let's see now - 'Older than sliced bread?' - that's pretty much the standard and it was invented in 1928 - nah! 'Older than dirt' - yeh - that's closer. Honestly though- I'm clinging to 59 for now. Not for long though. :)

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
"Old enough to know better & young enough not to care!"
Passed my test in March '82. Had all sorts of bikes, took a break from riding for a few years to do the family thing, and now riding a Fz6-N.
Last three bikes were a 600 Bandit (should never have sold it :( ) , a 1200S (wanted a 'chopper' :rolleyes: ) Sportster and a VFR800 (wrists couldn't handle the riding position :mad: ).

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
I was 46 at the beginning of this month.:(

I have put a few mods on the bike and plan a few more in the near future.:thumbup:

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say that a rider's age has less to do with them purchasing an FZ6 than their riding style. Every Tom, Dick, and Larry squid wants a supersport bike. The Fz6 appeals more those who value an all around machine that is more of a jack-of-all-trades than a focused machine. I would say that the Fz6 buyers would also cross-shop the Versys 650, V-Strom 650, and the Multistrada 620. All of those bikes are multi purpose machines that are a nicheless-wonders. My .02.

jbblunck

Reaction score
Visit site
I got back into all this about two years ago. I've owned a BMW 1997 f650st, a BMW 1994 K75S, a Honda 2004 VFR. Now I'm on a 2004 FZ6. Nice bike. Light, easy, fast. A little buzzy, but I not complaining. 55.

strutwatson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I'm 21 and nearly "5'7. I learned something very interesting today: most people are anywhere between a quarter inch to a full inch taller in the morning than they are at night. And if you have your height taken at a doctor's office, you will be about an inch or so taller than you are at home with a tape measure.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
33 until January 26th..been riding 5 years ..too much family commitment to fully apreciate this awsome bike at the moment ..i still throw every spare penny at it tho..the wife calls my FZ6 an expensive ornament..i like to call it a luxury garage furnishing :)

I WILL clock up the miles this year

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
40. Passed test in November 2008 and straight away bought the FZ6-Fazer.

My father-in-law let me ride this on a "parade" session on a race track back in August 2009 :D :thumbup: :D

1951 Douglas Plus-80 350cc

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
Why do I have a FZ6 ?
Cause fun don't get old !

I currentely also have a goldwing and have had many bikes from street, cruiser, dirt/enduro. Love 'em all. Been riding since I could get on.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was born the day Nixon resigned...I must have caused a disturbance in the timeline of history ;) That makes me 35

I remember riding around the yard on my Dad's 125cc Hodaka as a wee lad. His pal had a nasty-sounding Bultaco. Bull Taco!

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm 29. been riding for the past year and a half and the fz6 is my first bike. its lovely. i got the bike license when i was 19 but never ridden bikes until i bought my fz6 fazer a year and a half ago, after i broke up wiht my long term girlfriend... the fz6 is still fairly stock albeit a few cosmetic addons and changes.. i plan to do a bagster seat and change the rear shock when funds permit

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
31 years old. Feel like I'm 20 sometimes and 60 other times! Mostly due to a major hip surgery, pain, etc. Things that come and go.

But motorcycling really makes me feel alive!