How much MPG (or KPL) does your FZ6 get?

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how some of you guys get such good MPG. Any tricks? Best I've EVER gotten was 51, and that was solid slab riding at the speed limit since there were tons of cops that day.

GSBandit6

Reaction score
Visit site
My numbers are pretty much like everyone elses. If I do a lot of riding in the mountains I'll get about 42mpg. Commuting to work or otherwise just out joyriding I'll get about 50mpg. I'd love to know how some of you guys are coaxing 60+ out of the Fizzer. What's the secret? I understand keep the RPMs low, but I'd be able to measure my 0-60 time with a sundial to get that kind of mileage.

S

Shamus McFeeley

My numbers are pretty much like everyone elses. If I do a lot of riding in the mountains I'll get about 42mpg. Commuting to work or otherwise just out joyriding I'll get about 50mpg. I'd love to know how some of you guys are coaxing 60+ out of the Fizzer. What's the secret? I understand keep the RPMs low, but I'd be able to measure my 0-60 time with a sundial to get that kind of mileage.

Short shift and easy throttle adjustments

...and don't forget to check tire pressure. A few psi can make a big difference.

alfagama

Reaction score
Visit site
Normally I get 40 mpg (17 km/l), but this is riding to/from work in stop and go. Worst average was something like 31 mpg, probably enjoying too much while commuting. Then the best one, 53 mpg riding in secondary roads at even below legal speed.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I got 19-20km/l from a 2008 fz6S2.A couple of my friend's 06 FZ6 get better mileage up to 22km/l.Not sure how to convert to MPG.Hehe....

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I've got 25978 miles of logged fuel usage.
Highest:52.5
Lowest:27.8(tried 91 octane)
Average: 38.6

I do a lot of across town and short twisty rides. I have almost no highway or constant speed mileage. I do not baby the throttle but I'm not hog wild either, usually 6k-9k rpm.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
i get around 14,5Km/Lt, which is kinda low, but most of it is a stop/go/fast acceleration ride of 10kms to commute to the office, on fast riding without stop&go i get 16Km/lt.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Usually I get no less than 50 mpg - touring usually 57 but this past weekend I was shocked to see that I got 61 mpg. The secret is in keeping the rpms's down - short shifting - steady speed. I would love to be able to find gas without ethanol!

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Usually I get no less than 50 mpg - touring usually 57 but this past weekend I was shocked to see that I got 61 mpg. The secret is in keeping the rpms's down - short shifting - steady speed. I would love to be able to find gas without ethanol!

What is your usual operating RPM?I usually operate within 4-5K rpm.

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
All time average 16.07 Km/L / 37.8 MPG. 95% commuting 5% long day riding. When commuting there is lot's of accelerating and braking in the 6000-12,000 RPM range. When I go for a long day's ride I get much further on a tank.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say I average around 45. I check my mileage at each fill up, but don't keep track of it, but I'm generally in the 43-47 range.