how much louder is two brothers exhaust?

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, the exhaust doesn't spend much time in the cans for them to get hot. They're barely more than a set of straight pipes.

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
got them on at the end oflast year, but didnt get to ride much.. this year season started late, went out only a few times. today one of my riding buddies told me hes got a headache from riding behind me, so he had to keep trying to pass me..:) anyways, came home today, had a headache myself.. im thinking to get the silencer tip, or just buy some bulk earplugs... there are P2 and P4 tips now.. anyone has any information?? thank you..

ride on!!!:rockon:

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my TB exhaust with no silencers on for at least a couple thousand miles now. It is a bit loud through the helmet but, I have gotten used to it. It is not loud enough to cause me to wear earplugs. The exhaust is not too loud at cruising pace compared to other bikes with exhausts.

I have come to love the power, look and sound from this awesome exhaust system. :BLAA:

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Their website shows the db reduction of each tip. My p1x tips should arrive this week, so I'll give my own impression then, but most speak positively of them.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
got them on at the end oflast year, but didnt get to ride much.. this year season started late, went out only a few times. today one of my riding buddies told me hes got a headache from riding behind me, so he had to keep trying to pass me..:) anyways, came home today, had a headache myself.. im thinking to get the silencer tip, or just buy some bulk earplugs... there are P2 and P4 tips now.. anyone has any information?? thank you..

ride on!!!:rockon:

Much, much quieter with the P1X tips. I just started it after putting them on and thought "that isn't that much quieter", but after the commute to work this morning, I realized how much of a difference they make. Just enough sound on the highway to remind you that you have an engine between your legs, but not obnoxious. I didn't flog it properly to comment much on the output at WOT, but it is about where I want it now cruising. I did open it up a bit merging on the interstate and could hear the echo from the overpass pretty well, so it is loud enough, says I.

Recommended to those wanting a touch more volume than stock. Without 'em it's more of a "Look at me! I don't give a f@#k!" sound.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The p1X tips make it MUCH quieter, in fact I think too quiet. I run one of each tip and it is about right.

As for not wearing earplugs even with a stock exhaust, good luck with your hearing in a few years.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
There is always the impression that LOUDER means faster and more power, but if that were true Harleys wouldn't always be sucking wind even with straight pipes. Much of it is perception but has little effect on the street performance.

I would recommend everyone wear disposable ear plugs with a good full face helmet, it makes riding a lot more comfortable and will save your hearing in the long term. High rpm clatter from an in line four engine, plus wind noise, plus higher exhaust dB's will kill your hearing. Do yourself and your family a favor and wear all the hearing protection you can now. Once it is gone, it is gone.

crazy302

Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry for the thread revival, but I would like to know where you got the front flashers from ?

I just installed some TB titanium black series cans on my FZ6 with the FE kit and flashers, but I don't like the fact that the front and rear flashers do not match.

And to answer OP question, they are LOUD. I ordered some P1x tip and can't wait to see the difference.