How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my FZ6 (07) for 6300 and then after taxes, prep charge etc it was 7100. Then he also threw in a shoei helment 495 no charge leather gloves 58 dollars and jacket with armor for summer 168 no charge either. So I was pretty happy.

NRat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, this is my first message to this forum. :)
Ive bought my FZ6N S2 07 for approx 16000 USD...
Yeah...first of all here in russia we have very hi import taxes (for example our imported cars are 1.5 more expensive than yours) and ive bought it with a lot of additioan equipment like defensive bars, tuned exhaust, xenon lights, additional shock absorber etc...

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my new '07 a couple weeks ago for $7200 OTD with Dealer theft protection plan($250), Scorpion exo Helmet($180), Cortech Excellerator gloves($70) and Alpinestars Textile jacket($210). Best deal I found in my area.

RobFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
$6.500 otd, but then we added helmet for wife and 2 more years on the warrenty and it brought it up to 7k. That was for a new 07, was still in the crate. Was in Brighton, Michigan. It was 1.5k cheaper than the Versys I was looking at.

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my 07 FZ6S2w(c) for 6998 OTD, which included a tourmaster jacket and a helmet.

Not too shabby.

When I tell people that the bike cost me $5800.00, they open their eyes wide and say, "Wow!"

jodysheli

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2005 FZ-6 (navy blue/silver) with 3200 miles about six months ago for $3500.00.....it was a godsend, because, I didn't have much of a budget and really wanted one but, was actually having to look in the $3500.00 range at pretty beat up junk......then I stumbled on this while looking for lesser bikes...:rockon::cheer:

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
just bought the sexy silver 04 with 209 miles for $3800. i think i got screwed:justkidding:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just bought the sexy silver 04 with 209 miles for $3800. i think i got screwed:justkidding:

Hmmmm.....I find it very hard to believe that a 2004 bike would only have 209 miles. That's just one tank worth of riding. Odd very odd in deed.

jodysheli

Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider........I believe some newbies buy a bike like this and could potentially ride it briefly and decide motorcycling is not for them???

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider........I believe some newbies buy a bike like this and could potentially ride it briefly and decide motorcycling is not for them???

Well, why would it take them over 4 years for them to figure that out. Anyway, I take it that the bike is in "Mint" condition and you got a great deal. Still just seemed very odd to me, to let the bike sit for so long. A year maybe, but over 4 years? If you were going to get rid of it, you would think that you would try to sell it
right away so you can minimize your loss, rather than letting the bike depreciate over the years.

Last edited:

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Model Year: 2005
ODO Mileage: ~10,000
Date of Purchase: 6/12/2008
OTD Cost: $4,800

+$180 jacket
+$120 helmet
+$30 gloves

Insurance: ~$48 per month (Progressive)

Sales Tax: Too much :(

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, why would it take them over 4 years for them to figure that out. Anyway, I take it that the bike is in "Mint" condition and you got a great deal. Still just seemed very odd to me, to let the bike sit for so long. A year maybe, but over 4 years? If you were going to get rid of it, you would think that you would try to sell it
right away so you can minimize your loss, rather than letting the bike depreciate over the years.

Funny you mention this... The other night I was thinking about the new bike, feeling a bit scared, to be honest. I caught myself thinking "I may never ride it again if I get too scared, but it sure as hell looks cool in the garage!".

In other words, I could totally see keeping a bike for 4 years without riding it. Just having a bike is cool. :don'tknow: