How Important Are Gloves?

How Important are Gloves as Safety Kit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

sportrider

as I recommend with all gear, get the best gear you can afford. GLOVES INCLUDED!!! I've ridden for years with shorty gloves, but I finally bought a pair of full gauntlet gloves. I paid $80.00 for them. they are worth it.

EDIT: what I find interesting is the people that think they're optional or not really important:confused:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
as I recommend with all gear, get the best gear you can afford. GLOVES INCLUDED!!! I've ridden for years with shorty gloves, but I finally bought a pair of full gauntlet gloves. I paid $80.00 for them. they are worth it.

EDIT: what I find interesting is the people that think they're optional or not really important:confused:

I just bought a $50 pair of Firstgear Explorer gauntlet gloves. They have 40 gram thinsulate and are waterproof. Make a HUGE difference in this 30 degree weather.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the fact that three people think gloves are optional or worst shows that no matter where you are in life, you're never far away from the nearest idiot.

Interesting that they haven't posted an opinion to back up their vote?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude I take it you never fell over as a kid on to gravel at running pace then had to pick the crap out of the palms of you hands for the following week.Man does that sting.

Gloves every time for me :thumbup:

When I was 5 I fell off my bike and the palm of my hand fell directly onto a cactus! I cried and cried and cried. It took my Dad hours with tweezers to get all of the needles out of my palm, some were big, but most were very fine, like fuzz. 39 years later I can still feel that one! OUCH! :surrender:

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me modify my reply of Essential. they are only essential if you do ANYTHING with your hands,... like brush your teeth, drive, write, open doors. put on your own clothes. :spank:If you don't do any of these things, you really don't need to use gloves. Seriously, Just this month a group of us were riding Bicycles when one of us went down doing ~20mph. He wasn't wearing gloves. Where do you think I got the above list of life activitiies---from him.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the fact that three people think gloves are optional or worst shows that no matter where you are in life, you're never far away from the nearest idiot.

Interesting that they haven't posted an opinion to back up their vote?

idiot? perhaps. uninformed? more likely.

F

FZSex

I have not purchased gloves yet. Never had them in the past. Call me dumb, I never paid that much attention to gloves.

In your opinion how do you rate gloves as safety equipment?

1. Find belt sander
2. Turn on belt sander
3. Put palms on belt sander
4. Apologize for starting this thread

:thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
"How Important Are Gloves?" = How Important Are Your Hands......

1accident171.jpg

nuff said.

Last edited:

Pakow

Reaction score
Visit site
part of the motorcycle license test should include jumping off a bicycle onto the asphalt at 15 mph with no protective gear. it would be kind of like vaccine...

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not just gloves but gloves with big ass knuckle armor to deflect June bugs and rocks. Dont screw around, get the good stuff.

These are mine, I never EVER ride without them!

dainese_short_tracks.jpg

Back in the early 80s when I had a Honda CB400N I took a spill at about 70 km/h wearing jeans, a denim jacket, sneakers, helmet and a pair of Bates gloves. I slid on my ass and my right palm to a stop. I had a roastie on my right butt cheek the size of a Whopper but my hand was fine. In fact, the glove was worn to the point that you could almost see through it but not a mark on my hand.