How fast have you ever driven fz6?

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This entire thread sounds like a H.S. B.S. session. Guys bragging about how much they make or who they have done. Moderators should create it new "B.S." section (except then people would move their B.S to another section). This thread is so adolescent.

I would love to tell you what I feel about your post.......but i respect Dennis and the work he has put into this forum to much to tell you how I feel....:banghead: if you really own an FZ6 and have not gone as fast as it will go...... you should sell it because IMHO you don't deserve such an Awesome machine....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to tell you what I feel about your post.......but i respect Dennis and the work he has put into this forum to much to tell you how I feel....:banghead: if you really own an FZ6 and have not gone as fast as it will go...... you should sell it because IMHO you don't deserve such an Awesome machine....
Speed isn't what makes riding my FZ6 fun - it's riding long, winding, country roads.

I like watching the world go by when I ride, rather than just a blur.

If you like the speed, take it to the track. :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
while I agree, Kazza, to a point, if speed is not a factor, why did you buy the FZ6? Wouldn't a Ninja 250 suffice?
Power doesn't always equate speed. I love getting through the gears quickly, but then I settle into a groove and cruise along. It's good to have the speed when you need it - overtaking. I live in a rural area where the main road is the Great Northern Highway - goes all the way to the top of Australia. Major trucking route. Passing road trains here is essential. That's when my power cuts in.

Ninja 250? No thanks. My bike looks hot! :rockon:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
88 MPH is all i need....

Picture-40-300x255.png

Lakeside

Reaction score
Visit site
126 miles/hr.. Thought I was doing km/hr but noticed I was overtaking all the vehicles on the road and the bike was unstable.

I am still so upset... It was totally unecessary.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd imagine the bragging rights go to fz6fighterboy's Supercharged/Nitrous machine.

Be interesting to see how quick that thing is with 160/200 bhp on gas. :eek:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 does not even have the ergos/aerodynamics for its top speed. You have to crouch down and not be in the upright position in order to attain it. This creates an somewhat unsafe control position as one's arms have to be bent significantly. This is where a R6 or a bike with similar ergos is highly desireable. Late break: I just did an 18 holes in one golf session!

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i ' ve seen 175km on the clock just once. i regularly see 150 km for short burst tho. when'll find a good stretch of empty road maybe i ll try to push harder.. the fz is the half faired 06 version

venom722

Reaction score
Visit site
I did just over 200km/h on a long straight stretch of empty country road once, just to see how it felt (AMAZING). I had to do it at least once just to see what it was like. I was wearing a t-shirt and boy did that short burst give me big respect for my baby! Hey I'm a guy I love things that go fast (2 or 4 wheels) but give me some twisties over a runway strip anyday.

PS cant wait for my long canadian winter to end already!!!!! this is my first winter season with my fizzy and it sux not to be able to ride her :(

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I did just over 200km/h on a long straight stretch of empty country road once, just to see how it felt (AMAZING). I had to do it at least once just to see what it was like. I was wearing a t-shirt and boy did that short burst give me big respect for my baby! Hey I'm a guy I love things that go fast (2 or 4 wheels) but give me some twisties over a runway strip anyday.

PS cant wait for my long canadian winter to end already!!!!! this is my first winter season with my fizzy and it sux not to be able to ride her :(

Mate,if you'd have come off doing 200 kmh in a t shirt,I doubt if the ambulance crew,or more likely the coroner would have as much respect :(

I'm not being an ole fart,but it would look like you'd have been spat out of a mincer........

fizzy

Reaction score
Visit site
stock 06 fz6, 145 indicated smooth as a whistle I wanted more it just wasn't there.

Last edited: