how do you stop yourself from lusting other bikes?

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
In answer to the OP's question:

Can't be done. God knows I've tried.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
hell I don't know how to stop looking. Thats my problem I now have two bikes if I had the funds I would have five at least

I guess I will start the meeting now uh

my name is Scott and I'm a motorcycle owner and I'm fine with that

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hell I don't know how to stop looking. Thats my problem I now have two bikes if I had the funds I would have five at least

I guess I will start the meeting now uh

my name is Scott and I'm a motorcycle owner and I'm fine with that
You have the same problem as my husband and I - now we have:

Yamaha FZ6, Yamaha XJR 1300, Yamaha DT 175, Triumph Speed Triple and also a Yamaha Kodiak 450 quad, and we are still looking for more (maybe an old Kawasaki Z1)

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have the same problem as my husband and I - now we have:

Yamaha FZ6, Yamaha XJR 1300, Yamaha DT 175, Triumph Speed Triple and also a Yamaha Kodiak 450 quad, and we are still looking for more (maybe an old Kawasaki Z1)

It's an obsession....i have 3 bikes right now, and i am seriously considering buying another...have fallen head over heals in lust with the BMW K1300R!!!

:eek:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Will always be bikes that are really really attractive for various reasons.
If you really think the Street Triple R would be a better bike for you buy one.
I was somewhat tempted until I saw the price difference (was 50% more than the FZ6) the fact it needed alot more mods to look half decent, and its only real selling point is an amazing engine (not amazingly fast either).
In the end you need to be riding what YOU think is best, there will always be another bike though.
Also who knows how long till we see an FZ8....... might be worth saving and waiting a while.

Now on how to upgrade the ideal thing to do is convince your missus that she needs a bike (FZ6) then get what you want for you.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice choice. Just buy it.

It's an absolutely awesome bike....160hp at rear wheel, 120Nm of torque....powershifter, traction control, ABS, etc, etc.... :rockon:

but it is just over $30000 on the road, with all the good bits... :eek:

Am going to BMW dealer next week for a test ride....only thing is, probably will have to wait till march next year till stock is available...they have been leaping out of the shops apparently!

March as a delivery date sucks...as it is the perfect bike to ride to PI for the World Supers! :(

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bikes are like PC's in a way.....as soon as you buy the latest, most hot bike - something better comes out not long after that.:D So, might as well just enjoy what you got. My two cents.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
The day I stop lusting after other bikes is the day I stop riding. I love the FZ6 and it is my bike of choice but there are plenty of beautiful bikes out there I'd love to own. I really want a late 70's early 80 CB750 again. If I find myself with the means again, I'll own a few more. Shed the ones I don't ride. I've never bought a new bike, never sold my current bike when buying a second. I'll pick a favorite next season and sell the other. Anyone want to buy a 93' VT1100 Shadow? :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when lusting for other bikes, i just come here and see what type of people fide the Fizzer. then i realize that if the bike attracts such good people, then good people, then it is the right bike for me.

And if that dosen't work, i just got for a ride and fall in love with it all over again.

Of course i made the mistake of riding an FZ1 this past summer and..... I want it now...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when lusting for other bikes, i just come here and see what type of people fide the Fizzer. then i realize that if the bike attracts such good people, then good people, then it is the right bike for me.

And if that dosen't work, i just got for a ride and fall in love with it all over again.

Of course i made the mistake of riding an FZ1 this past summer and..... I want it now...

Nicely put, and you are right on the money...the FZ6 seems to attract pretty decent people...

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
My mate just picked up a 1969 Honda 250 for $250 and has started restoring it in his carport. Plans on riding it occassionally. Is driving his old lady nuts now as he has 3 bikes in the carport.
rumpole-of-the-bailey-albums-summer-2010-picture5316-04122009951.jpg

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
However, I would really like a Harley. When I am too old for this FZ6 sportsbike, I will get one.
Pic of my mates brand spankin' new Soft-tail leaving our meeting last night.
Ride On

rumpole-of-the-bailey-albums-summer-2010-picture5317-03122009949.jpg

rumpole-of-the-bailey-albums-summer-2010-picture5318-03122009948.jpg

Last edited:

littlelamb

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my last bike, I kept all the brochure that features the greatness of it and kept it in my file. When I started lusting other bikes, I went to my file and reminded myself why I bought it and renewed my love to the one I already have. Then I felt good again about the bike(s) that I now have. However, I have 4 bikes now and stopped.