How do you clear a fault code?

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
When trying to start my bike, I get the check engine light on with code 30. Well I found what code 30 means but how do you clear it?

Fault Code: 30
Diagnostic Code: 08
Symptom: The motorcycle has overturned.

Probable cause of malfunction:
Overturned.
Malfunction in ECU.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I figured it out.

I unpluged the loop back plug in the test point, turned the switch on, and I got a code 41. With the switch still on, I put the plug back in and the codes went away. Pressed the start button and she fired right up.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wrong. It's not a loop back, it was the emergency stop swich llocated next to the fuses.

OK, gotcha. That would have been my second piece of advice, the emergency stop mech. near the fuses. When you said loop back I was totally lost.

At any rate, time to ride.

Enjoy.

chrisdot1

Reaction score
Visit site
so u sayin this cleared all your fault codes or just this 1 single code?.
so unplug emergency stop connector at fuse box, turn on ignition, get error 41, plug connector back in, codes reset and it will start up?

chrisdot1

Reaction score
Visit site
ive been readin a lot today and does this ring a bell.....diagnostic code 62- history erase, select d/code 62 hit kill switch....turn off turn on.

havent done it myself but ive done the batt terminals and it just erases trips and clock.

chrisdot1

Reaction score
Visit site
ive been readin a lot today and does this ring a bell.....diagnostic code 62- history erase, select d/code 62 hit kill switch....turn off turn on.

havent done it myself but ive done the batt terminals and it just erases trips and clock.

ok ive done it now seems to have cleared fault history ok.