How cold is too cold for you?

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
You not in work today Neil? I am but not doing anything except arsing around on the interweb as I'm going to be made redundant at the end of the year. :mad: Still, got an interview tomorrow for a job in Guildford. Never been there. Looks like a good commute though.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
0C at 60mph for 45 mins (this is how long my commute takes). When it's that cold I don't speed much as it makes a big difference in comfort levels. It makes the difference between numb fingers or not. A strong wind can bring down the comfort level too.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You not in work today Neil? I am but not doing anything except arsing around on the interweb as I'm going to be made redundant at the end of the year. :mad: Still, got an interview tomorrow for a job in Guildford. Never been there. Looks like a good commute though.
Hi Luggs, No Im not mate, im on my death bed. Man Flu. So thats your happy X-mas bounus from Erricson-of-a bitch is it. Im gutted for you. We really need to meet up for a cool refreshing beverage sooner than later then. Good luck with the interview. I hope you get it. Guildford's not a bad commute. I hate going through Bracknel though as the roads are always jammed.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
From me it looks like best doing Basingstoke, M3 rather than bracknell. the run down to M3 is good fun. Interview's in a posh hotel on Regent Street though. I'm taking my first train journey in years cos I don't want to crumple the £200 suit I've just bought (spending the redundancy payoff already!)

I hope you've trained the wife and kids in resuscitation. That man flu is deadly and you could lapse into unconciuosness.

As for the pint, yep. Let me know when you're better:iconbeer:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at festive pics for Santa. Trouble is I can't remember if Steve has already used this one. BTW I typed in Drunk santa. MySpaceTV Videos: Santa gets busted by Chris this was the inspiration. As for the cure of man flu. A win tonight against Croatia should do it.

yeah Englands back in with a lifeline, I don't have to put up with ***t at my work if they win this one.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah Englands back in with a lifeline, I don't have to put up with ***t at my work if they win this one.
I dont want to take to take this thread off topic as its a great one.
But come on England. I am so excited, I hope we can now make a statement .That
if teams think there going to come to the home of football to play for a draw, then they can FRO. Nuff said. BTW back on topic it was chilly this morning 6C. I only road down to the chemist to get some Man flu medication, I was freezing.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
[
But come on England. I am so excited, I hope we can now make a statement .QUOTE]

After watching the english lose the rugby final and Lewis Hamilton f*cking up at the last grand prix I can't take anymore national sporting excitement until next year at least.

Hey, I just got turned into a Senior Member. Do I get a payrise?

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[
But come on England. I am so excited, I hope we can now make a statement .QUOTE]

After watching the english lose the rugby final and Lewis Hamilton f*cking up at the last grand prix I can't take anymore national sporting excitement until next year at least.

Hey, I just got turned into a Senior Member. Do I get a payrise?
Yes mate you do get a pay rise. It will match the new year bonus you will be getting from your current employer lol. Now what was that movie?

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
Without heated gloves, my hands got too cold when the temp was below 50 F. Now with Gerbing G3 gloves, I am good to go into the 20's.

B

bluenova

I don't mind the cold, I'm the opposite; always too hot in the summer. What I don't like is that squigly feeling in my back tyre as it trys to grip, so -3C is really my limit, or if it's been raining the night before then +1C.

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
I have ridden in colder, but my personal limit is around that 30 degree F range. I cheat, I do wear electrics, and I have heated hand grips. You need them both in ND with our short summers.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, this morning it was only 21 F, but since I got some Tall thermal underwear the day before, I had to give it a try.
The cold didn't bother me at all on my commute. BUT, I could not keep my faceshield from fogging, even opening it up at every stoplight. Halfway to work I had to just keep it open all the way, and that was NOT pleasant.
So, no more riding at that temp until I get my new Scorpion EXO 1000, we'll see if its built-in antifog coating is any better. :mad:

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
could not keep my faceshield from fogging

I made a personal anti-fogging system from a hardware store dust mask. I just cut some holes near the bottom to let air in and out. It is basically a better breath deflector. It works great when in motion and at short lights. If the light is long, then I have to crack the faceshield. It also has the added benefit of preheating the air before it gets to my nose.

I could probably make it work better by playing with the size and location of the breathing holes but it works pretty well now

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a biker this morning on my commute to work. It was -12°C (10.4°F). Last of the die-hards, or a dude who’s elevator doesn’t go to the top floor…… ;)

Did you happen to notice the brand of his bike? I know a lot of guys make fun of Harley riders, but I have a couple of friends that ride Harley and it never seems to be too cold for them. They just bundle up and laugh when I don my electrics. I think they are an exception though.