How are the Pirelli Diablo tires?

fz6guy

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my '06 FZ6 on 5/31/11 and now I need tires. I found the Pirelli Diablo tires on CompAcc for just under $200. Does anyone have any info about the tires for me before I buy??

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my '06 FZ6 on 5/31/11 and now I need tires. I found the Pirelli Diablo tires on CompAcc for just under $200. Does anyone have any info about the tires for me before I buy??

I had some and they were good for commuting. They actually lasted me 10k miles through all year riding including some rain.

What kind of riding do you do? I didn't take them in the twisties too much so can't really comment on their cornering performance.

fz6guy

Reaction score
Visit site
I really enjoy the twisties so Ill have to do some more research, but its good to hear they lasted 10k. Thats right up my alley

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a set. They stuck like glue. As far as I know they have been discontinued so I would be wary of the production date. I tried to get a second set but the were no longer available. They were replaced by the Pirelli Angels which I now have and I can say that they are really nice tires. I have been commuting on them and going out and grinding the edges off every now and then if you know what I mean.

Edit: the discontinued set I was referring to is the Diablo "Strada". Replaced by the "angels"

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had mine for only about 800 miles before I sold the bike. I ran two track days on them, only had one unintentional drift. They are a very good tire for the price.