Hot seat

bowhunter757

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '07 model FZ6 and am experiencing heat build up under the seat after about 10 minutes of riding. Is this normal?

W

wrightme43

I used my mesh gear today, and noticed it too. In my textile water/wind proof pants I cant feel it. I think it is normal, since it has the exhaust under the seat.

bowhunter757

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I've contacted Yamaha to raise their awareness of the issue and will be taking it by the dealer to get it checked out. It's too uncomfortable to keep riding, and it's brand new!

W

wrightme43

Oh I didnt find it uncomfortable at all, just a sense of heat under the seat. If its burning you something is wrong. Sorry I didnt pick up on that.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Visit site
I felt the same on my '07. Now, when it's 100 degrees + in Orangevale, this heat will be a big problem. I am looking into adding some reflective shielding between the pipe and the underside of the seat somewhere.

bowhunter757

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried using some aluminum tape under the seat with no noticable improvement. Then I installed a woven aluminized automotive heat shield fabric under the seat and that made it worse. I guess applying it directly to the seat the only adds to the conduction. Took it off after the first ride. Next step is to apply header tape directly to the exhaust. I spoke to one of my coworkers who owns a speed shop and he said this should the trick. I will let you and Yamaha know if this works.

Lee510

Reaction score
Visit site
I just signed up after finding this thread.

I have been having the same problem with the hot seat. I don't believe it's heat transferred through the seat. My seat doesn't get hot when I touch it with my hand no matter how far I go. I believe it is the posterior not getting bloodflow into or out of the nether regions as it should.

Here's what I do when I start feeling the burn. I rise off the seat and do my best Jeremy McGrath impersonation. It doesn't take but a few seconds and the heat is gone. Try it and see if it works for you.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't noticed any heat under the seat coming through on mine. The only heat I've encountered is on my thighs at a stop, more so on the right side due to the pipe running closer to that side. The seat fits me fine so no problems with butt fatigue here. I hope you guys get yours figured out. No fun to ride in discomfort.:(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06 and I do not notice any unusual high temps from my seat with the exceptiion when the seat has been in direct contact with the scorching sun. I pretty much only feel heat from my legs from the engine.

S

sportrider

I'm with Mr.Vegasrider on this one,the seat on my 06 doesn't get hot either, I don't know if something was changed on the 07s but my seat isn't a problem unless the bike has been parked in the sun.:D

Lee510

Reaction score
Visit site
The seat on my '04 peaks in the center, sloping to the sides. I haven't paid enough attention to the '06's and '07's to know if the seats are still the same. I will try to get by my dealer this weekend to check one out.

I'm seriously considering getting a Corbin Gunfighter. Anyone have any experience with one of them?

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 04 and i have this problem. It gets real hot. I just rise off the seat a bit to let it cool down.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
No problems with my 07 ....

Only done just short of 800 miles though but been on some lenghty rides.

Hope you can get it sorted.

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no problems with my 06 (naked) except for heat from the engine when I'm in stop and go traffic. I ride with shorts quite frequently when going to the beach and have not noticed any heat from the seat.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I had no problems with my stock 06 seat. I did however notice heat coming through the Yamaha Comfort Seat, I am thinking it is because of the gel padding versus the regular foam. Didnt they also make that change in the 07 seats?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
The European bikes have different catalyst I think. As long as you have the catalyst on and it's hot there is no salvation :) That cat produces a lot of heat and all you can do is remoe it.

On the other hand, I never had hot seat (due to exhaust), only the passenger seat gets hot.